Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding ALV Output in Memory

former_member267445
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

I have designed webdynpro component and one method in the view. In the method am calling the Remote FM to get the ALV out put of the other system.

We have 2 systems, sys1 and sys2. I have designed the webdynpro in sys2 and RFC is in sys1. In RFC am using the class called cl_salv_bs_runtime_info and am setting the data of method is true and after that using SUBMIT am fetching the ALV output from the sys1.

Finally, when I am testing the webdynpro component in sys2 it went dump due Field symbol not yet set. I have checked in debugmode and I came to know that the data is not set into Memory.

In sys2 I have executed FM, it is working fine and getting the data into tables parameter. While executing remotely only am facing the problem.

Kindly light me on this issue.

Thanks and Regards,

Muralikrishna Peravali

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Muralikrishna,

You may be referring to a requirement similar to this link. The only difference would be a remote system to fetch data and sisplayng in WD ALV.

http://scn.sap.com/community/abap/blog/2011/07/07/gain-programmatic-access-to-data-of-sapgui-alv-rep...

The link do mentions the following:

"The technique described above can be used to access the data of any report program that uses SAPGUI ALV, regardless of the type of ALV. It will work for ALV Grid, ALV List and even Hierarchical ALV List reports but it will obviously not work for reports that output to the GUI using WRITE statements, dynpro table controls or anything other than SAPGUI ALV"

Can you try creating a Se38 test program in sys2 and checking 'cl_salv_bs_runtime_info' if it's working as expected? Also, is it possible to call the remote FM directly without the use of this class?

Thanks,

VS

former_member267445
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Santosh Verma,

I have tried which mentioned in the link but not succeeded. Is there any work around for this.

Thanks and Regards,

Muralikrishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey,

"but it will obviously not work for reports that output to the GUI using WRITE statements, dynpro table controls or anything other than SAPGUI ALV".

WD is independent of SAPGUI to run. That might be the case you are getting dump. To check this, create a test SE38 program in sys2 and run the RFC from sys1. If it works, well good and confirms this method works well for GUI based scenario only.

Cheers,

Vs

former_member267445
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Santosh,

It is ALV report only. But I am writing the code in RFC function module and calling the RFC function module into WD component. While calling RFC then it is going to dump because fieldsymbol not set, if I run RFC module it is working fine.

Can we call the program directly into WD?

Regards,

Murali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you pls share the code of calling RFC FM in your WDP component and also snapshot of ST22 analysys.

Thanks

KH

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, I guess it won't work coz when you execute WD application, there is no SAP GUI ALV involved here even though you have written the code to capture the ALV in a RFC enabled FM. This is the reason when you execute the FM directly in SAP Session, you are able to see output but when you execute it through WD Application, you getting dump.

Users accessing WD applications at runtime, may or may not have access to SAP GUI (they would not be required to access to SAP system directly) which is nothing but why we generally use WD.