cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User Session Management for Administrators

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Community,

recently we are experiencing the issue of User Session locking our Project Implementation on the out Tennant Business Configuration. The error message displayed by C4C UI is the following:

We raised a new Incident on our C4C Tennant.

Our question is related on this issue: is in the C4C system any functionality (available for System Administrators) useful to check the User Sessions on the system and delete the locks if required, basically in the same way of transaction SM12 in on-premise SAP Solutions?

Please let us know your feedback. We are always available for further clarifications.

Cheers,

Davide

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

angela_sparkman
Contributor
0 Kudos

This little trick worked for me in Cloud for Travel and Expense, so it may work in C4C.  But it only works if you launch the application in the Silverlight client:

* Enter your user ID

* Enter the WRONG password for your user ID (ensure you get a message saying "Logon data is not correct; log on again")

* Then enter the CORRECT password for your user ID

Provided you are using Silverlight mode, a pop-up will come up showing the number of failed login attempts, together with a list of running sessions for that user. Below that list is a check-box called "Delete Sessions". Tick this box and then click Continue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Angela. I'll try it next time we could be in the same issue.

Cheers,

Davide

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hello All,

I too faced same issue in this cases some time we miss SM12 as in on premise system.

Don't worry in Cloud system we have Administrator tab from there we can unlock user.

1) Go to Administrator

2) Hit on Business User

3) Select "Locked User" and select Unlock User

As Angela stated  her trick also good  and it worked.(If You attempted more wrong password then Above trick will work)

1) Open system in Silverlight

2) Use username and wrong password

3) After again type right credential

4) Will get pop up with how many  wrong password  attempted

Check for delete session

5) You will enjoy now unlocked session.

Thanks,

Tasnim

ankurgodre
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Davide,

Only one user at a time (Admin) can be under Business Configuration performing implementation activities. If at the same time another user attempts to access BC -> Implementation projects, he would get the error message as you are getting.

Though it will be good to have the functionality like SM12 in OnPrem, I don't think currently it is available in C4C.

Reason being that Scoping & Fine-Tuning should not be worked upon in parallel by more than one user for a simple logical reason that if they both are changing the same stuff, at the same time, it will cause issues.

Until SAP comes up with SM12 like function in C4C, best practice would be to control the access through User & Access Management.

In addition, have proper coordination between Admins (If you have more than one Admin performing BC/Scoping/Implementation activities) so that they are not accessing the same stuff under BC in parallel.

BR

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your answer, Ankur.

Yes I forgot to specify that the reason for the issue was that the specified Admin User logged off the night before, and that then his locking session hasn't been properly closed.

Cheers,

Davide

ankurgodre
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Got you.

A proper Log-off from the system is recommended since closing the session directly may at times not log-off properly & the same user may look logged in or locked when he logs in next time.

Cheers!

BR

Ankur