Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smartform style font issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I Am facing a problem in SAP smartforms.

I have created a smartform and a style for the smartform, after successfully executing and printing the smartform I got an objective to increase the                font size.

The problem I am facing is, whatever change I have made for the font size(increased from 20 to 31. font family:HELVE, Font size: 31.0 pt,

Font Style:BOLD) is not getting reflected in the smartforms.

(PS:  I have checked and confirmed that I am using the same style for the smartform.

I used a paragraph format for the specific text element.

same issue for all Paragraph styles, ie. font not getting changed in smartform )

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

23 REPLIES 23

archanapawar
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sachin,

where did you assign the smartstyle to the smartform? Are you doing it at 'Form Attributes' level or you are doing it at text/table/template level?

0 Kudos

Hi Archana,

Thanks for the reply..

I have used it in both 'Form Attributes' and text/table/template level.

0 Kudos

Its wired issue then. May be you can copy the smartstyle into new one and assign the new one to form attributes. You need not assign it at text/table/template level. Its enough if you assign it at Form attributes level.

0 Kudos

Hi Archana,

Thanks for your reply.

I copied the style and applied it to the smartform. The font size is reducing in the form but after an    extend the font size is not getting increased(same size for 31 px and 45 px, I am working on client  system. when I made the same changes to the local system the font size is getting increased)

0 Kudos

Hi Sachin,

Are you working on single server i.e. development server on both local and client machines?

Text you are displaying is in table or template? If it is in template check the height of the row.

0 Kudos

Hi Archana,

No, The Dev server on local and client are different.

I am Displaying Text in a template, and exactly identical templates were used in client and      local system but in client system the font is not increasing whereas it is increasing in local      system.

Thanks.

0 Kudos

Well, I hope you are creating same style on client machine as of local machine. Just check the height of the line in the template, try to increase it more.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Sorry for troubling you again.

I am in a situation that I cant increase the height of line, which will affect the other texts and the  height of the template has to remain the same.

But for the same line height I am getting a bigger font in my local system, but not in the client system(I have used same font size in both systems).

I am having the exact copy of smartform and style in my both system I have checked all those..

Thanks.

0 Kudos

In that case, I con't think of any other solution. There must be some minor mistake or something.

Can you just post screenshot of the text you are displaying from both systems.

May be just try to create new character and paragraph format in client system for that particular text.

0 Kudos

client server

local server                                                                                                                                                  

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sachin,

Hope you have activated Smart style after modifications.

Try to reset the Pragaraph format and define smart style at "text/table/template level" if not maintained.

Thanks & Regards,

Seshadri.

0 Kudos

Hi Seshadri,

Thanks for the reply.

Tried all those what you have mentioned, still the issue remains.

0 Kudos

Hi Sachin,

Try this if it works

1. Create a new style in smartsyles and use it in your smartforms.

2.  First Reset paragraph and Character and then set the new fontfor the same. Also goto   change editotr and check the style used for the same.

Thanks & Regards,

Seshadri.

0 Kudos

Thanks Seshadri for the reply,

I tried those all.

The font size is reducing in the form but after an    extend the font size is not getting increased(same size  for 31 px and 45 px, I am working on client  system. when I made the same changes to the local system the  font size is getting increased)

0 Kudos

Hello Sachin,

This will happen only when we have a concern of Size of window / table where the text is displayed .

But seems your case one client system is showing the correct text size , so i just suggest t two things:

1. Please try to increase the size of window / height of the table line .

2. You can delete the old character / paragraph format from Style & recreate one more time. Same for the text in the form just delete the text file and recreate it again using the required font.

Thanks

Romit Raina

0 Kudos

Hi Romit.

Thanks for your reply.

1) I am in a situation that I cant increase the height of line, which will affect the other texts and the                             height of the template has to remain the same.

But for the same line height I am getting a bigger font in my local system, but not in the client                                 system(I have used same font size in both systems).

2)I created a new paragraph format and applied to the smartform, issue still is there.

0 Kudos

This is strange Sachin,  can we do one thing using the Different Font Family can you try if it is increasing the size of text or not .

0 Kudos

Yes Romit, I consulted with my seniors about this issue they too are not able to resolve this..

we tried with different font family, and problem still remains

0 Kudos

Sachin, I just checked the above screen shot which you have posted.

Seems you barcode label in current system is bigger than the below system. Are you using same barcode style on same system.

I think this may be a reason of your concern. Can you do just try not printing the Barcode in client server and just print your text with required Font size .

0 Kudos

Hi,

The paragraph format and character format for the bar-code are the same.

The templates height are the same too..

0 Kudos

Hi Sachin,

Please compare the outputs in spo1 for their raw data. Select the spool and in goto menu->display requests->settings choose raw. It show you all the fonts that have been applied on this print out. If the particular font is not installed on the system then it gets replaced by standard one.

You can also try program RSTXDELL for font refresh.

alessandroieva
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

checks that the style you have in the text is the same as the one created in SmartStyles:

let me know,

AI

yiming_zhang
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

You can try to delete the load by running report RSTXDELL. This is described in SAP note 634789.

Regards,
Yiming