cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scope in SAP C4C as a SAP CRM Functional Consultant!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am sensing that the CRM would be moving to cloud very soon and it would be a very logical move to switch towards cloud as early as possible.

I had 2 queries:

1. Is SAP C4C going to affect SAP CRM Functional Consultant's careers?
  2. What kind of skills one should posses to be able to get a C4C job as a fresher.

Given the fact that C4C is very fresh in the market, their are very few customers willing to implement it, therefore less jobs, but new also means we have an opportunity to move in early without facing too much of a competition as a fresher.

My background :

CRM Consultant: (8 Months/1 implementation exp)

SAP SD Support:  3 Months

Microsoft Navision SD and CRM end User:  1 and a half year.

Not Certified in CRM, attempting the exam within 3 months time frame

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

angela_sparkman
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In addition to the onsite courses that are offered, there is a lot of free content published at SAP Cloud for Customer – SAP Help Portal Page.

There are enablement services available that can be executed completely remotely:

You can find even more content in the Business Center at https://www.sme.sap.com/irj/sme/cloudforcustomer/overview > click Login in the upper right corner and select your SAP employee/partner certificate.

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check it out for quick insight into SAP C4C

http://www.slideshare.net/LohitAcharya1/sap-c4c-overviewlohit-acharya-63283254

Regards,

Lohit

vraoid
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi All,

This is exactly the thread i was looking for. Being a CRM functional consultant, i am interested in knowing C4C as i think future of sap crm lies in c4c.

But i have a query, from a configuration point of view, what will be the changes in c4c as compared to on premise, means skill set that we have acquired by working on CRM on premise will those be completely changed or most of them like base configuration etc will remain the same.

Question is strictly from a functional consultant point of view.

Regards,

V Rao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankur and Chandan,

All your points are valid for an organization implementing CRM from scratch.

If an organization already has full blown CRM on premise implemented, most of the above benefits can be realized through the On Premise solution, apart from connectivity from anywhere without a VPN connection.

I am trying to understand in such a scenario with CRM on premise implemented, what is the additional value of the investing in C4C licenses in addition to CRM on premise licenses and hardware setup costs which the organization has already borne.

Regards

Gagan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am not clear about what value add will C4C provide to clients who already have CRM on premise solution implemented. If somebody can throw more on light on this, it will be really helpful.

Regards

Gagan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gagandeep,

Cloud helps reduce cost of ownership.

Cloud Licenses are way much more cheaper than On Premise software License.

Almost no infrastructure cost(no on premise servers and server maintenance cost, All you would need is a laptop and an internet connection)

Low software upgrade cost.

Thanks

ankurgodre
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Gagandeep.

There are many but not just one:

1. Complete Sales process automation over the Cloud which means, anytime, anywhere access to data by Sales people making their selling more effective.

2. Mobility: This is a big enhancer for Sales people, who are always on the go...Data & information access, creating Leads/Opportunity, getting real time insights into the back-end data as well & Sales data while on the Go helps Sales people take better, informed & quicker decisions, again adding to their effectiveness & ultimately bringing in more business

3. Out of the Box integration (Via Add-on installation from C4C) to MS-Office, like MS-Outlook, MS-Excel & also Lotus notes....Sales people no more need to maintain data @ different places, real time integration between Outlook with C4C provides Sales reps the most effective way of managing their day to day Sales activities in the most effective & seamless way, by saving their time & making them information on Accounts/Contacts/Leads/Opportunities/Activites directly available from MS-Outlook & through C4C.

4. Standard out of the Box Dashboards for Sales Manager for doing analysis on Sales Team Performance, Win/Loss ratio, pipeline & forecast and several other out of the box reports make the job of managers/management easy to get quick insights into the progress and processes.

These are just a few out of several benefits which a customer gets while using C4C standalone or over CRM OnPrem.

BR

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Ankur,

I believe CRM has as much capability as C4C, considering the above mentioned points.

1st and 2nd Points mentioned: CRM is also automated which can be accessed from any where because of the browser based access .

3rd Point: CRM can be integrated with the mentioned mailing clients using groupware integration adapter

4th Point: CRM also has standard Navigation bar profiles for all roles.

My objective is not to negate your points but to understand the difference in depth. Can you please help me understand if I am analyzing your points incorrectly?

Thanks

chandansb
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Gagandeep,

SAP C4C can also be integrated to SAP On Prem systems via SAP PI or SAP HCI using the pre-packaged content.

It can also be integrated with Social sites like facebook, twitter as well as SAP JAM.

It can not only be accessed using the browsers but also with Mobile Apps for Android and iOS.

Accessing data from SAP Cloud, makes the data available everywhere via internet to provide you the real time analysis.

Lot of standard Reports are already provided by SAP for Data Analytic.

Hope this gives you more information.

Regards,

Chandan

ankurgodre
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vaibhav,

Good to hear your keen interest in analyzing the key factors for deciding on using C4C over existing CRM OnPrem. I'm sure you must be aware what the buzzword & trend is in today's technology world..undoubtedly its Cloud technology, using SAAS, PAAS, IAAS & other service oriented architectures.

In competing , adapting & improving the technological advancements, SAP has introduced Cloud for Customer as one of their several Cloud solution offerings, C4C being specifically driven by Sales, Marketing, service & Social features.

The upfront benefits one gets by using C4C apart from what I already mentionedare:

1. Increased Sales due to better visibility.

2. Improved efficiency of Sales team members.

3. Improved collaboration between Sales Reps, Sales Managers & Sales Directors.

4. Improved time to deal closure.

5. Time savings on Report/Dashboard creation.

6. Savings from reduced Legacy systems.

7. From Costs & ROI perspective, which includes License costs, Professional services & Training Costs, Implementation Costs, maintenance costs, Support Costs, Database maintenace, system maintenance, Infrastructure, etc. etc., C4C is way far ahead & brings instant reduction in costs & substantial ROIs.

The point of using C4C solution is not replacing or finding a substitute to existing SAP OnPremise solution but to Leverage the existing OnPrem solution & to extend them over a much simpler, easy to user, implement, maintain, with excellent features of Mobility, along with seamless integration to OnPremise as well as other Solutions like SAP JAM, CTI Integration, SnapEngage brings in a complete gamut of services, ALL on a very simple, cost effective, central solution.

Even if one compares the investments made in terms of licenses, implementation, maintenance & usage perspective, C4C will bring in instant excitement to the Business Community.

There are several other things as I said apart from what I mentioned, however, the ones I mentioned are few of those key points which I can mention to help you understand the perspective of moving over to a Cloud solution like SAP C4C.

BR!

Ankur

GopalakrishnanS
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ankur,

Can you provide details on how a technical consultant need to be upgraded to face the future of CRM? Most MNCs having lesser project on CRM Impl apart from Support. So can you elaborate more on the training aspects and its availability in INDIA.

Regards,

Gopalakrishnan Selvaraj.

ankurgodre
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Gopal,

So basically there are three skill set primarily needed for a C4C implementation + Integration Project.

1. SAP C4C functional Consultant:This would be someone who has preferably prior knowledge of SAP ECC - SD module or someone who has SAP CRM OnPremise knowledge primarily Sales/Marketing and or Service. This person would typically be part of Project scoping (along with the Solution/Business Process architect who should too have an understanding of hte mentioned skills), will be performing System Scoping/Configuration/extensions (simple ones) & performing overall set up of a C4C system.

2. SAP C4C SDK developer (technical consultant): This person should preferably have prior knowledge of a programming language like C#, Java scripts etc, although not mandatory but it makes the learning easier on SDK languages. For projects where a Customer has needs to Custom development and or Enhancement or Custom integration which call for doing coding/development on C4C environment, they will need SDK (cloud Studio), which is the development workbench/environment for C4C system.

3. SAP HCI/PI consultant: In projects where integration to SAP OnPremise systems like SAP CRM or SAP ECC is concerned or may be a 3rd part system, this consultant would perform the activities specific to integration on the middleware depending on which middlewre is being used for integration. SAP PI OnPremise would need SAP PI knowledge ofcourse & SAP HCI is a Cloud middleware which a PI consultant can quickly learn & come up to the curve.

Now, on the training in India for these skill set, I would refer you to the below link:

, please add your inputs for the training needs.

Hope this clarifies your queries.

BR

Ankur

GopalakrishnanS
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ankur,

Thanks for your inputs.

SAP C4C SDK is it new framework? In all these days, CRM technical consultant concentrated on the component workbench, the GENIL MODEL BROWSER, crm related BAPIs, BAdIs, FMs, Tables,.. etc.

How the existing WEBCUIF will be transformed to suite the C4C??

Apologies if these queries seems to be basic.

Regards

Gopalakrishnan Selvaraj.

ankurgodre
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gopal,

Yes SDK is the new development framework for SAP Cloud for Customer.

It has different scripting language in it for performing development for C4C.

Anyone who has knowledge of a programming language, specifically the ones I mentioned in my earlier reply would not find it much challenging to get adopted to SDK language.

Since the UI is different than CRM OnPrem so is the development environment, its a complete transformation not just in the look and feel of C4C front end but also in the development environment.

BR

Ankur

GopalakrishnanS
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ankur,

Thanks again. What suggestions will you be provide for technical consultants(SAP CRM) in getting trained in any of below list.

SAP C4C

SAP S4/HANA

SAP CRM on HANA

So many queries going on mind in every technical consultants, how to enhance our skills to sustain in the SAP CRM market in upcoming years.

Regards,

Gopalakrishnan.

chandansb
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Gopal,

CRM technical consultant can learn Cloud Applicaton Studio which is used for customizing the C4C solution. You can explore more on it.

Regards,

Chandan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankur,

what is the main functional difference between SAP CRM on Premis vs. SAP C4C.

We´re starting with SAP C4C and hybris Marketing and so far we see a lot commodity CRM functionalites and processes in SAP C4C but we can´t find any comparison between both.

I know also so far that SAP C4C can be used independently and also integrated with existing SAP ERP and CRM Solution.

Regarding customer conusltancy we're facing the question if it's better to use SAP CRM on Premise or directly SAP C4C.

Maybe you can help

Former Member
0 Kudos

I just got into this link and felt to reply in short,

SAP CRM On Premise

•Complex business processes with heavily customized sales, marketing & service processes

SAP C4C Cloud

•Customer looking for standard CRM Sales,CRM Service processes with minimum or no customization with advanced features

•Ideal for customers who have SAP ERP in place and looking for standard CRM solution

•Simple architecture , Cost is materialistic and differential factor

SAP C4C personal edition

•Personal C4C solution without patches & upgrades

•Customer wants to tweak their product as per their business process & maintain their own architecture at low cost

Regards,

Lohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks a ton for your help/suggestions.

I will go through the training websites and links that you shared..

I also need to know more about C4C:

1. Role of a C4C consultant?
    If SAP is going to Cloud, the software should now be a standard one, with little scope for customizing I assume. If that is the case, we would have a limited role as a consultant?
  2. What would be our exact role:
    Configuring Org Model and Sales Docs etc?
    Installing/creating connections to the cloud?
    Or anything else?
  3. Also who would we be working for? As SAP hosts this cloud service, can only SAP's functional consultant work on the configs? This would mean we should start applying in SAP
    Or we can work for SAP partners as well?

I know I'm asking too many questions in one go but this blog could help me decide about my career options. I am completely new to Cloud, so would take time to understand the systems.

Thanks a ton for all your help!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vaibhav,

I assume the role of a functional consultant will remain more or less same.

C4C can be used standalone, but that would limit its functionality since Logistics and Financials are handled in ERP system. In my view an integrated solution with ERP/ECC provides the most value. Integration with On Premise CRM is also possible.

A functional consultant will have to analyze the client's requirements and do a fit - gap analysis with the C4C solution. Also the necessary configurations to achieve the requirements will also constitute the role.

Regarding your query 3. it will depend on who is the implementation partner. I do not know of any such restrictions that only SAP will implement C4C projects. In fact many implementation partners are already into C4C Projects.

Regards

Gagan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gagadeep,

Thanks for your help.

Makes things a lot clearer now.

pushkar_ranjan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check out some of the courses offered as part of the training curriculum: http://scn.sap.com/community/cloud-for-customer/blog/2014/09/17/lets-get-the-c4c-education-party-goi...

Check out the training schedule for the courses outlined above at the link: http://scn.sap.com/community/cloud-for-customer/blog/2015/01/08/c4c-training-schedule-q1-2015

Thank you.

ankurgodre
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Vaibhav,

Good to hear you are planning early to adapt to technological changes!

As for the skills needed to learn or make a career in C4C, since its a SAP Product & is a salesforce automation tool over the cloud, & looking at what experience you hold, it will be a very good add-on to have C4C skills under your belt.

Knowledge of SAP CRM OnPremise & SAP ECC OnPremise specifically SAP SD will prove extremely beneficial to anyone wanting to get into SAP C4C as ultimately C4C is a Sales driven system.

There is pre-packaged integration to both SAP ERP as well as SAP CRM so knowledge of these onpremise systems/moules is an excellent advantage & will give you an edge.

I think you have some basic CRM/SD skills already & would suggest to to learn them in detail along with exposing yourself to C4C, this will certainly help you understand the SAP C4C system very quickly.

Hope this advise helps!

Good Luck!

BR

Ankur