cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to connect to SAP AS JAVA?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am developing an JAVA application, which will connect to SAP AS Java dataSource. My environment don't have ABAP installed. So, I believe use of JCo connector is not an option.

Is ther any other connector API jar available to connect to SAP AS JAVA Datasource?

Could anyone please help me with a detail guide to connect to SAP AS Java Datasource using any APIs provided by SAP?

Thanks

Alingan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

AntalP
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

You may use the SPML (service provisioning markup language) service to create users remotely in UME.

See service.sap.com/security -> security in detail -> secure user access -> identity management -> SAP Identity Management APIs pdf

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

good point, Antal, thanks for this!

former_member193379
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Antal,

Yes, this approach can also be explored.

Thanks,

Hamendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you. It worked for my requirement

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member193379
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alingan,

Can you please explain bit more as what exactly you want to connect with SAP?

Thanks,

Hamendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a SAP NW Portal 731 installed with only Application Server Java stack. No ABAP stack available.

My JAVA application is in a different system but in same network. My JAVA standalone programme need to connect to Netweaver portal and then do the user add or delete operation from that JAVA application.

I have the UMFactory UME APIs with me for User administration but I don't have any API to make connection to SAP AS JAVA.

Thanks

Alingan

former_member193379
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Aligan,

Sorry for delay in response.

I think the better way to deploy that standalone java application on Netweaver only.

Thanks,

Hamendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I came to know that below webservice is available in AS JAVA for UME.

http://<host_name>:<port>/irj/servlet/prt/soap/UMWebService

Can I use this to access user data from UME of AS JAVA?

Which API or method I need to use to create a connection to AS JAVA?

Do I need to do anything more then creating webservice to provide Admin user Name and password for authontication?

Thanks

Alingan Patra

former_member193379
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Aligan,

Thant's correct, you have to develop a service on your EP and then you can change the UME persistence (user creation etc).

Now you can write a J2EE app which will call your service to cater your requirement.

Please go through the below links which will help you to achieve the same

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73/helpdata/de/f5/1cf770b9bd442985ee71461ef2227a/content.htm

User Management Functions for Users - Integrating Security Functions - SAP Library

Could you please let me know for any further information.

Thanks,

Hamendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hamendra,

Is there any blog available to explain the steps needed to create a service in EP for UME?

Thanks

Alingan Patra