cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems Deleting a Package

Former Member

Hi.

I'm trying to delete a empty Package and appears the following message: " The package still contains subobjects " but the package is already empty. Somebody knows how i can delete it ?

I'll be so happy if somebody can help me with this simple question.

Regards AR.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

If packs are stucked here is wat you should do :

1. Go at OS level USR/SAP/TRANS/BUFFER/SID open the file with notepad, search the request which is stucked and add # before it to comment it . save the file.

2. Go to SE37 and run the function modeule OCS_RESET_QUEUE.

Hope this helps,

Please mark the post answered if issue is resolved.

Thanks,

Shobhit Garg

Former Member
0 Kudos

SM30 TADIR Change assignment of all deleted items to $TMP

then delete

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai,

Thanks for your answer. This worked well.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had the exact same issue. I deleted all the underlying content, but got the "The package still contains subobjects".

So I brute-forced it as well:

delete from sap_db_name.TADIR where DEVCLASS='package_name';

Removed those records from the table.

Go back to SE80, and the package deleted, no problems

Former Member
0 Kudos

i have had the same problem and after various tentative of deleting of the record that are of the package ( i see them in the sm31 for the tadir table) i have decided to cancel the records from the tadir table with a brutal delete from a ZTEST program and after i was able to delete the package created.

Sure this isn't the best solution, but it works.

Bye

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have the same problem in SE80 deleting an ABAP Package (in meaning of development class). I just can't delete the package and the according namespace.

In SE80 the package seems to be empty. I can't delete the package, because SE80 tells me, that there are still objects within, even though I can't see any in SE80. During debugging I've seen that in TADIR are still all the object catalogue entries of the before deleted objects.

The therefore created deletion transport (of copies) with the deleted objects was released and exported, but the TADIR objects still remain.

I would prefer to get rid of these entries, because I need this system to import an Add-on package (with these objects) to test if the installation with SAINT works. If there are still references in this system, it's not a good test. I want to avoid setting up a new system just for testing the implementation of this add-on package.

I just don't want to delete the TADIR entries manually because of possible cross references in other tables. There might be inconsistencies thereafter, which I want to avoid.

By the way, this is a standalone R/3 4.7 IDES with no transport landscape connected. The transport was exported to EXT.

Any ideas / hints?

Regards and thanks in advance

Toby

ananjun1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Tobias/Armando

I faced the same problem in the SRM system when creating an ABAP proxy. When I tried to delete it, it gave me the same error about the package. I do not remember in detail how we managed to solve the problem..so please excuse me if this is not the right solution but try this: make sure that the package 'Use access' tab has SAI_TOOLS or SAI_GLOBAL. It has something to do with embedding the SAI package. If you dont have this it gives errors.

I will try to remember what the solution was but try this meanwhile. Hope this helps you..

Thanks,

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am having this problem as well. Anand, your suggestion about adding SAI_TOOLS to the Use Access tab doesn't fix the problem.

For those of you wanting to reproduce this problem, these are the steps I follow to cause it to happen (all in Object Navigator):

<i>(1) Create a new package and assign it a request/task. I called mine Z_NS_BC400.

(2) Copy an existing program from another package (say BC400) and save it with the same program name except start it with Z, and place it in the new package you created in step 1.

(3) Then, back in your package, right click on the program that was just added and select DELETE to delete the program from your package.

(4) Then try to right click on your now empty Z package and select delete to delete the package.</i>

When I follow these steps, I am rewarded with an error message that says "The package still contains subobjects"

Now, according to Object Navigator, there are no objects in this package after deleting the program in step 3. So, I don't know what it is complaining about.

I also tried deleting the request and tasks and repeating step 4, but this doesn't solve the problem.

I also tried releasing the request and tasks and repeating step 4. This doesn't do it either.

Note that if I didn't copy the program into the package, I would be able to delete the package without problems.

What am I missing?? Anyone?

Thanks!

Nelson

Running ECC 5.0 in an IDES (demo) system.

roshanus
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Please use the following approach to solve the problem.

1) Look at the TADIR entries and try to find out what all objects are present inside the package. You can narrow down the TADIR entries by giving the package name in DEVCLASS field. You can alternatively use the function module RS_GET_OBJECTS_OF_DEVCLASS to get all the sub-objects of the package (dev class).

2) Create a request in the system and then re-create all the previously deleted objects and save it to the above request. After this, delete all those objects one by one. You should not try to delete the package at this time. Make sure that you have saved all the deleted objects to the request. Now, release the request.

3) This should have removed all the sub-objects of the package from the TADIR table.

4) Create another request. Delete the package and save the same to this request. Release the request.

The above steps should solve the problem.

Regards,

Roshan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roshan,

Thanks for the reply.

I tried what you suggested, but it isn't working. After releasing the request at the end of step 2, TADIR still contains the subobjects added to the package at step 3.

After creating the second request in step 4 and trying to delete the package results in the same error "The package still contains subobjects."

I made sure to recreate the exact same objects: Two report programs and one transaction. TADIR says there is also a DEVC object. I assume that is the package object.

Any ideas?

Regards,

Nelson

Nelson

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Armando,

if you work with the package in the J2EE perspective of SAP NetWeaver Developer Studio my suggestion is to change from J2EE Explorer (I assume you are using it) to the Package Explorer or Navigator (please see the tabs on the bottom of the upper left window in the J2EE perspective of the IDE). Now you have a better view on the physical files which are still on the file system. If you delete there what is still left over from your package you should be fine.

Cheers

Ivo

Benny
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Armando,

could you be a little more specific?

I assume you are talking about java packages but is this a general java question or are you using them in specific environment?

Regards,

Benny