Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RV_CONDITION_COPY doesn't work in ABAP WebDynpro UI

former_member348835
Participant
0 Kudos

Background

We have almost developed an ABAP WebDynpro application (for a renewed user interface) for material maintenance. However, in relation to updating Conditions - KONP/KONH/etc. from EINA/EINE based records - we have found no way of accessing the business logic independent of the User Interface Technology. No BAPI access seems to exist, and all update methods defer to the RV_CONDITION_COPY function module.

Problem

Unfortunately RV_CONDITION_COPY only wraps Dynpro updates. Dybpro updates are not allowed in WebDynpro applications (neither Dynpro-popups nor Messages). Therefore the business logic for updating conditions is inaccessible.

How do we maintain conditions with WebDynpro for ABAP?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

somnath
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi , I would like to know -

Do you have a fixed condition type and access sequence / condition table which you are going to update via WDA?

If yes, then we can go via call transaction approach , considering the fact we have a simple requirement to update a single condition table / access sequence.So you need to record ( bdc ) and call from a FM and call this FM from the assistance class of your WDA component.

If not, means you would prefer to build a generic application through which any condition type - Access Sequence should be updated, then it would be little complex from dynamic stand point. In that case we can use the IDoc approach by using message type COND_A.

There you have to fire an Outbound IDoc which in turn will trigger inbound IDoc and will post conditiion record in back ground in the same system.

You may try this approach based on your need and situation. In case any further query , let me know.

- Thanks , Somnath

4 REPLIES 4

somnath
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi - Did you check RV_CONDITION_MAINTAIN? - Thanks , Somnath

0 Kudos

Hi Somnath Paul. Unfortunately RV_CONDITION_MAINTENANCE also uses dynpro dialog. Therefore it's not an option. Sorry.

somnath
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi , I would like to know -

Do you have a fixed condition type and access sequence / condition table which you are going to update via WDA?

If yes, then we can go via call transaction approach , considering the fact we have a simple requirement to update a single condition table / access sequence.So you need to record ( bdc ) and call from a FM and call this FM from the assistance class of your WDA component.

If not, means you would prefer to build a generic application through which any condition type - Access Sequence should be updated, then it would be little complex from dynamic stand point. In that case we can use the IDoc approach by using message type COND_A.

There you have to fire an Outbound IDoc which in turn will trigger inbound IDoc and will post conditiion record in back ground in the same system.

You may try this approach based on your need and situation. In case any further query , let me know.

- Thanks , Somnath

0 Kudos

No, the condition table sequences differ quite a lot. E.g. some purchasing info records only concern gross price, other also oversea transport, other customs etc. And the requirement is a purely dynamic selection as in transaction ME12.

We are aware of COND_A iDocs and OData as second priority options.