Career Corner Discussions
Join the conversation in the Career Corner group to ask career-related questions, find approaches to building skills, and seek career advancements.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone....

I've newly joined as a SAP Functional Consultant in a firm who are implementation partners of SAP B1. Though i don't have any prior experience of SAP, I was given an opportunity because of my deep interest in ERP. Now i want to be a good consultant. i need your help in order to be one. I'd like to know what path should i follow so that i'll be able to learn SAP at faster rate. Waiting to hear from you.

4 REPLIES 4

former_member215337
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vikram

I Can suggest you that, as you are a Fresher Consultant in SAP, Before going to path/scenarios in the SAP first you need to understand your Clients Business Process like Domestic Sales, Export Sales, are they Manufacturing the products? or Third-party Sales, Consignment, General OTC (Order to Cash) process etc., . You also required to understand the structure of your Client Business i.e Organisational Units, Master Data and their type of business.

Keep studying the Real Business process of the client and try to get the KT from your Management Team if possible and on the other hand The SCN community will always Helps you in a better way.

All the best.

Sri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Sri.

Some of the clients are manufacturers of products, some others are engaged in 3rd party sales. Your answer been very much helpful to me. i'd like to ask if there's any good study material you familiar with, which ll help me to understand various business processes efficiently.

Best regards,

Vikram.

0 Kudos

Vikram,

This document was written primarily for Functional consultant. Maybe it helps you grow into a strong functional analyst.

TW

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks TW, Will thoroughly read that.  if you know more threads, kindly post them too. Thanks a lot

Regards,

Vikram.