cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audit database - Documentation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I wonder where I could find documentation about AUDIT Database. I would like to add one table which contains all reports that I can find in "Public Folder".

Through the audit, I can see all the reports that have been seen at least once. But I can't see the reports that have never been seen by users...

Please tell me if you manage to modifiy audit to see this reports.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

CdnConnection
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Marc,

The best place to information on the Audit tables, Audit process and  other info can be found within the Admin Guide (Chapter 21).

http://help.sap.com/businessobject/product_guides/sbo41/en/sbo41sp5_bip_admin_en.pdf

Regards,

Ajay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I have already read this documentation but I don't found any suggestion about how to modify this database...

CdnConnection
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Marc,

You can NOT modify the database, it is created by BI 4.x system.  The only other change you can do is move the Monitoring DB to Audit database, see link

What kind modification are you looking to do ?

Ajay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hye Ajay,

I'd like to see ALL reports in the audit database and not only reports which have been seen at least once.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marc,

You'd like to see ALL reports in the Audit database......... for what action/event?

Data in the audit DB is not a list of the objects, but a list of EVENTS performed on objects.

If x number of reports in your repository have had a certain type of action performed which falls under the selected Audit events, they will be logged.

For example: run, refresh, save, etc. are events / actions which can be performed on an object.

Based on the events you've enabled, the Audit DB will only show objects on which these events are performed on.

To get a list of all your reports, Query Builder is a better tool.

This tool returns understandable data from the CMS repository/db (which is otherwise encrypted) and you can query for any data/metadata which resides in this CMS DB.

-Sid

CdnConnection
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Marc,

The Audit Db will only show objects that have been accessed by the users &/or system.  If you are looking to get a list of ALL REPORTS within the system, then you will need to use access the CMS.

The only you can get a list of ALL REPORTS against the CMS Database is to use Query Builder, see link for more information.

Regards,

Ajay