cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Making a report include empty rows

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

I have a report that's run each month and the data transferred to an excel document for management reports.

The report tracks items entered into a system by Country, Object Type and Object Classification.

It's set up as a cross-tab report and it works fine as it is, BUT it (quite logically) only returns the rows for which there is a value in that month.

However, the excel sheet that they go into obviously still has the results from each country. Ideally I'd like to be able to export the BO report into Excel, paste that as a datasheet in the report workbook and have lookups fill in the values for each country/type etc. At the moment, because the BO report won't show the empty rows I can't do this.

How do I make my BO report show the empty rows (for instance, if France has no entries that month it should still show all the rows for France, just blank or zero)

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can try Amit's Solution , It should work .

Else you can try this .

In Edit Query --> Query Properties.

Then in Format Table Properties , Check all Even Show Rows with Empty Measure Values .

amitrathi239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can try with to add one more webi query in the report and drag month object without any condition.Merge month object and use this merged object in the cross tab.If there is not data for month Jan and country France still you will see the Jan month column.Same thing you can do for country or some other objects.

Amit