Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using a formula variable in exception alerts

former_member285493
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I need to compare the value of a KF against a "budget" value stored as attribute of a characteristic.

I've first created in BEx a formula variable using the replacement path to pull data from the master data and it's working fine, i can see the values when refreshing the query.

My problem is that i cannot use this KF in the alerts, i'm not sure if the problem is how i created the formula variable or the type of data:

this variable is an amount with currency and also the KF i'm comparing it to is an amount, could this be the problem? I can only use variable with a integer type of data?

Thanks

Stefano

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

cornelia_lezoch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Stefano,

a variable for exceptions can have in one query only one value.

I assume, that you would have different values for this budget so what you want to do will not be possible with a variable.

You could create a new calculated key figure, which uses the variable and creates a value for each line in your query. then do the difference calculation also in this or another calculated key figure.

The exception then goes on that key figure.

regards

Cornelia

former_member285493
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Cornelia,

sorry to get back to you this late, thanks for your answer.

My main problem here is that in BEX the alert can only be displayed on the KF on which i created the exception and not on other columns

Regards

Stefano

Answers (0)