Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Lumira Server Installation on HANA Options

Dear All,

I have asked this Question to SAP Lumira support team , i am awaiting for their response. Lumira experts please help me with the query in case if you an answer

We have ECC 6.0 running on HANA DB and now migrating BW database also to HANA DB. To setup Lumira Server which is the better deployment option ?  Installing Lumira on top of ERP HANA DB or BW HANA DB ? (We also have Fiori Implementation going on )

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
replied

Hi,

This is a tricky question that is more in the realms of solution architecture decisioning, than technical support.

• Your deployment option choice might come down to personal preference or practicality.
  • Or it could be dictated by organisational practice.
  • Or driven by varying compliance and governance needs.
  • Also, perhaps different service-level requirements or business criticality could influence your choice. (processing loads, schedules)
  • Of course, maintenance considerations and the availability of capacity (inc. sizing) would be factors too.
  • Not forgetting geography, infrastructure, network, bandwidth etc when thinking about delivering an amazing end-user experience.

Personally, I'd put it alongside BW as part of your Analytics use-case. And let business-critical ERP operations get handled in separation.

Regards,
H

1 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question