cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lumira Server Installation on HANA Options

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have asked this Question to SAP Lumira support team , i am awaiting for their response. Lumira experts please help me with the query in case if you an answer

We have ECC 6.0 running on HANA DB and now migrating BW database also to HANA DB. To setup Lumira Server which is the better deployment option ?  Installing Lumira on top of ERP HANA DB or BW HANA DB ? (We also have Fiori Implementation going on )

Thanks,

Ravi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is a tricky question that is more in the realms of solution architecture decisioning, than technical support.

• Your deployment option choice might come down to personal preference or practicality.
  • Or it could be dictated by organisational practice.
  • Or driven by varying compliance and governance needs.
  • Also, perhaps different service-level requirements or business criticality could influence your choice. (processing loads, schedules)
  • Of course, maintenance considerations and the availability of capacity (inc. sizing) would be factors too.
  • Not forgetting geography, infrastructure, network, bandwidth etc when thinking about delivering an amazing end-user experience.

Personally, I'd put it alongside BW as part of your Analytics use-case. And let business-critical ERP operations get handled in separation.

Regards,
H

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

jtretina
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

and what about the option to have separate HANA system just for Lumira server and its related data stores? I guess it would be the best option from the performance point of view, not to have a shared HANA system with other applications, in this case with backend ABAP system?

Just implementing POC Lumira for ERP on SAP HANA so wondering about possible options.

Thanks for your comments,

Jan

0 Kudos

Have you implemented the Lumira for ERP on SAP HANA?

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

this thread is really old. I'd recommend you create a new one for yourself, with your question in context. ]

FYI - Lumira Server on HANA was discontinued last year and is no longer being developped.

Regards,

Henry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

How is this licensed for existing Edge Business Intelligence 4.1 users?

Thank

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Lumira Server on HANA isn't typically licensed to Edge customers, instead there is a solution called Lumira Edge Server for SME and Lob deployments.

regards,

H

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, Noted with Thanks.

I have done the POC deploying Lumira on BW