cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MES WIP/ODS Database

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

This is my first post on SCN and My first task is to fine tune the oracle database parameters. What exactly I am looking for is the connection between NWDB and MES DB (ie., WIP & ODS).

I want to know how these databases are connected or how the netweaver Communicates with the WIP & ODS.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182330
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Welcome )

The connection is established through NW DB pools that are created automatically by CTC Configuration process (see installation guide). Recommended Oracle parameters can be found in note 1405260.

Regards,
Konstantin Chernega

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Konstantin Chernega & Sergiy Katerinich.

I know that the databases are different.

I want to know how the netweaver serves the MES Requests coming from the portal and if I want to increase the performance should I change the WIP/ODS database parameters or NW database parameters.

what if I change only the NW DB parameters , whether there is any data exchange between these all databases (NWDB, WIP & ODS) and how the NW communicates with the database(WIP/ODS and NW DB)

0 Kudos

I want to know how the netweaver serves the MES Requests coming from the portal

SAP ME does not communicate with the portal. If you are interested in this, you should post the question to Portal-related forum.

if I want to increase the performance should I change the WIP/ODS database parameters or NW database parameters.

This depends on the actual performance issue. Normally, some basic performance considerations are covered by SAP ME Consulting team during implementation of the project. If you have a specific performance issue, you should submit a support ticket.

what if I change only the NW DB parameters

This should be addressed to NW support team.

whether there is any data exchange between these all databases (NWDB, WIP & ODS)

Once those databases are separate, there is no exachange between them. WIP passes some data to ODS but it is a separate topic.

how the NW communicates with the database(WIP/ODS and NW DB)

See the answer from Konstantin above.

0 Kudos

Hi!

NW database and WIP/ODS databases are separate and not connected. See SAP Note 1409811 for System Landscape Recommendations.

Regards,

Sergiy