Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sapscript word wrapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus

I am having a challenge on wrapping my text using a sap script.On my research i found out that i can use function module rkd_word_wrap.I am failing to apply the concept. Please see image below on the material description column.The text is quite long so its pushing other elements thus distorting the alignment.

Regards

Rejoice

1 REPLY 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rejoice,

I'm assuming from your question you've discounted the option of truncating the text to fit the space available and want to display all of the text split over multiple lines.

Function module rkd_word_wrap is certainly your friend here.  Let's assume you have 30 characters available on the form to display the text, pass the material description to rkd_word_wrap and an Output length value of 30.  Based on that fill 3 (assuming you think the full material text can be accommodated in 3 * 30 char lines) variables and output them on the form across 3 lines.

Regards,

Nick