Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pass parameter from webdynpro application to transaction iView in portal 7.4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Dynamic parameter is not being accepted in Portal 7.4

Background :

We have configured Inbox, which is a webdynpro applicaiton (IBO_WDA_INBOX) that pulls workitems from different backend systems connected to portal and displays for the user.

When the user click on workitem, it should launch the transaction in backend and to achieve it we have a transaction iview which is OBN configured. It calls standard transaction to execute workitem in backend, example for ECC system the transaction is "WI_EXE_STARTER".

The transaction iView skips the first screen as the workitem id is passed as dynamic parameter in the Applicaiton parameter as WI_ID={WI_ID}. The iView also has Proces First Screen property set to "YES" and OK Code Field property set to "CONT".

This was working fine in Portal 7.0 but we are upgrading it to 7.4, and while testing the functionality dynamic parameter is not being accepted, it just passes the value {WI_ID} to ECC instead of the value "0000012345" which is expected.

I can see the value is passed to portal in HTTP Trace, but portal is not able to populate it in the application parameter. When I hardcode some value like WI_ID = 0000012345, it accepts it.

Attached is the screenshot of http trace.

Can you pls let me know if the dynamic parameter should be passed in a different way for 7.4 ?

Thanks,

Nidhya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nidhya,

Which SP and patch level of 7.4 are you using?

Please check if SAP Note #2021994 solves the issue.

Best regards,

Etay