cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue while opening workitems from UWL

Former Member
0 Kudos

We execute workitems from portal 7.3 and two window is opening, one is webdynpro screen to execute the workitem and other one is "swnwiex" tcode, displaying message "Close Window". Is there a way to close this extra undesired window automatically?

My requirement is when we click workitem from UWL,webdynpro application configured with task in SWFVISU should open. It is opening but an Extra Window  SWNWIEXis also coming.

Please revert on this query?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Troy

The Note  mentioned do not serve the purpose.

However the problem was solved by Re-Register the Taski n Portal and Clear Cache Memory.

Thanks & Regards

Silky Chawla.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

saurabhkumar8
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Troy,

Thanks for your reply. We are facing same issue and we just wanted to know whether there will be an impact if we clear the UWL cache?

Will there be any impact on existing open work items like shopping cart, ESS/MSS requests etc?

Regards,

Saurabh

troy_cronin2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Silky

I hope you are well and many thanks for using the SAP Discussion Forums .

In relation to the scenario that you have described you mentioned the following:

Q: You execute workitems from portal 7.3 and two window is opening, one is webdynpro screen to execute the workitem and other one is "swnwiex" tcode, displaying message "Close Window". Is there a way to close this extra undesired window automatically? Your requirement is when we click workitem from UWL,webdynpro application configured with task in SWFVISU should open. It is opening but an Extra Window  SWNWIEXis also coming.

Now there is also a core note regarding this "Close Window" screen which I have outlined below for your convenience:

• SAP Note: 1685447 - "Close Window" screen remains after work item execution (Via UWL or Email Notification)

Additionally if you could kindly follow the steps outlined below to clear the UWL Cache:

Steps to clear the UWL cache please go to "System Administration" "System Configuration" ->

-> Universal Work list & Workflow -> Universal Workflow Administration -> Click on cache administration page -> Click "Clear Cache" button.

Kindly update me as per your findings.

Kind Regards

Troy Cronin - Enterprise Portal Support Engineer