cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to increase quantity without impacting total price

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have gone live and we have uplaoded the initial stock through movement type 561.

For example we uploaded 450 qty with the total value of 45,000.

Instead of 500 qty we uploaded 450 qty however the total cost i.e. 45,000 is correct.

I have tried to upload through movement type 511 or 561. It does not post any accounting entry during goods receipt however when I check MB52 report they are getting updated with value (calculated through MAP).

Can someone please advice how to achieve it?

Regards,

Deepak

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So at that time your material has the price 100 (MAP), Stock 450 and total value 45000.

Now you want to change the only quantity from 450 to 500.

So your position will be Stock 500 total value 45000 and price (45000/500)= 90.

If your material has the price control V, then this is possible with movement type 511. System wont create any accounting entry for this movement type

If your material S, then System will create an accounting entry and your stock value will increase. You need to decrease the material standard price (along with total value) from MR21 or debit credit for material from MR22.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

what hinders you to cancel your wrong posting and to do it again with correct values?

if 511 adds value, then I can't believe that your material is valuated with moving average, then it must be standard price; or a serious bug in your system.

Of course a 511 will affect the moving average, as the current moving average cannot be correct if the total value is correct and the total quantity is wrong.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We cannot cancel the posting and post it again as the period, when it was uploaded, is closed.

Also, it is project stock and I don't see option of 511 Q during goods receipt

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Special stock Q is not available for movement type 511.

You can use the movement type 501,521 or 561 again for the rest 50 quantity, then you need to change the material price from MR21.