cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OLAP Connection failed - SAP BW to SAP BO 4.1

0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

i want to connect our SAP BW system via BICS to SAP BO. Unfortunately it doesn t work and i don t know how to fix this.

I created and tested in IDT an OLAP Connection - everything is fine,everything works. Then i published it to the BO server and when i test it there i get the following message:

"Failed to get connections for connection [server.adress] using session locale [English]. Connect to SAP gateway failed Connection parameters: TYPE=A DEST=custom_Session-7:server.adress:user:EN:SAPBW7.0:CREDENTIALS ASHOST=server.adress SYSNR=00 PCS=1 LOCATION CPIC (TCP/IP) on local host with Unicode ERROR partner 'server.adress:3300' not reached TIME Tue Jan 13 RELEASE 720 COMPONENT NI (Network interface) Version 40 RC - 10 MODULE nixxi.cpp LINE 3286 Detail NipConnect2: server.adress:3300 SYSTEM CALL connect ERRNO 10060 ERRNO TEXT WSAETIMEDOUT: Connection timed out COUNTER 8.

Can anyone help here and give me a hint. I don t know where to start looking.

Thanks alot in advance for your help

Cheers

Christopher

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member308992
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

Did you find a solution?

Best regards

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Christopher - did you create an OLAP connection in the CMC?  Please see this tutorial

0 Kudos

Hi Tammy,

thanks for your help.

I watched the tutorial and then i tried to log in CMC via "SAP" Authentication. Didn t work.

I checked then in CMC which SAP System is entered at "Authentication". The Application server there for SAP is a different one.

My question now  - is this the reason why i cannot create a connection to my sap system. And if so, is it possible to enter two BW systems at "Authentication" or do i have to overwrite the other BW system?

Thanks in advance

Cheers

Christopher

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Christopher - first, is the OLAP connection created in the CMC?  That is what the BI administrator does. They should be able to "test" the connection in the CMC.  That is a first step to make sure this works.

Then you can look at answering your remaining questions

0 Kudos

When i create the OLAP connection in CMC - then i get the error message i mentioned in the first post.

After this i created an OLAP Connection via IDT. There it worked but when i published it to the BO server i get the same error message again.

Therefore i have to miss something in the BO settings nut i don t know where to look.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Seems your BO server cannot communicate with the SAP BW server.

• Can you ping the BW server from the BO server?
  • In case of windows on the BO Server: Did you install SAP GUI and can you access BW?
  • Are you trying with an application server or message server? (For a test try with app server and/or IP Address)

Best regards,

Victor

0 Kudos

Hi Victor,

to your points:

• Can you ping the BW server from the BO server?

what do you mean with "ping". i don t know how to do this in BO and i couldn t find this via google

• In case of windows on the BO Server: Did you install SAP GUI and can you access BW?

Yes SAP GUI is installed and i can access BW. I created there Multiproviders and queries which      i wanted to connect to bo. So from this side      everything is fine.

• Are you trying with an application server or message server? (For a test try with app server and/or IP Address)

i m trying with app server (with its ip Address)

Thank for your help

Cheers

Christopher