cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fixed value discount problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

in group wide, we have one condition type Z001, sales discount, and it maps to a particular GL account, now in one golive company code 1, it is defined as percentage of gross sales,

we are implementing SAP for second company code 2, but user want it to be fixed absolute value, is it possible?

sales sales price is 49 USD, company code 2 apply fixed absolute value discount 3 USD, if we use percentage discount condition type, we use percentage 0.0612 (SAP allow four decimal point), there will be rounding difference, and our quantity is a few milion piece, so this cause big discrepancy.

anyone has solution for it, how to apply fixed value for Z001?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

in my opinion it is not a good idea.

create a new condition for the new business requirement.

fixed value is a key setting in the condition type.

BR

George

nileshr_pawar
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

As per the solution provided by Samier Danish is correct. If you want to use the same condition type than you can maintain a separate condition class "B" as fixed value in condition record. I have used it and working fine.

The second option is create a new condition type and maintain the condition record for fixed value.

Regards,

Nilesh Pawar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Re: maintain a separate condition class "B" as fixed value in condition record

Pls paste the screenshot, It didn't work

jobis
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi siva,

Please see the screenshot of vk11 below.

use column calculation type (marked in red ) give B there.

enter the fixed amount, then the units.

Regards

jobi

naveen_kaluti
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Jobi,

Nice answer, I tried it out and it works .

Siva,

In your case for one company code business has to maintain condition records in % and for other it needs to maintain as absolute percentage by select the respective "Calculation Type" while maintaining the condition records.

But this would lead to a bit of confusion, so try to talk business in using 2 separate condition types.

Regards,

Naveen K.

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

Condition class setting is done at configuration of condition type V/06.

You cannot change from percentage to fixed amount, As suggested by others, it is suggested to create a new condition with Fixed amount

thanks

santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

you mean my company code 2 user maintain in VK11 using absolute value, then system auto calculate to % with 0.06123570975......

what happens to my company code 1 user, they maintain in VK11 using % or absolute value?

we need to cater for both two company codes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

I understand that you are using same pricing procedure for both the CoCds (i.e. in OVKK you are maintaining, one pricing procedure for corresponding Sales Area of respective CoCds).

I have understood your query properly, you want that condition type Z001 should be percentage basis for CoCd 1 while should be absolute amount for CoCd2 (correct me if I'm wrong!!).

What I have proposed is that do not make any changes for CoCd1, but for CoCd2, you create a condition record for Z001 with 'B' as calculation type. So for CoCd2, there will be discount of 3 USD on price of 49 USD.

I hope that I'm right in understanding your requirement.

Regards

SD

jobis
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

Out of curiosity am asking this.

Why do you want to use the same percentage discount condition as a fixed value discount in your company code 2?

Isnt it possible to use a new discount condition type and assign the same account key (for GL account)

Regards

Jobi