Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Valuation price in stock trsp PReq

Dear colleagues,

My client creates indirect PReq's with account assignment and assigns a valuation price that controls the approval process in the next step. This is working fine.

The problem starts when the buyer assigns a vendor which happens to be another plant (cross company stock trsp req.) As soon as the system determines that it is a stock trsp req., it pulls the material's price from the supplying plant (std price) and places it in the PReq as the valuation price. This is a problem, because the purchasing price from the other plant is actually not that plant's standard price, but something else.

Pulling the valuation price from the supplying plant seems to be hard-coded functionality, even if I don't find explicit confirmation of such functionality in the documentation. I have only found the note 694885 that solves a "problem" described as follows: "In a stock transport requisition, the system uses the valuation price from the receiving plant. The valuation price from the delivering plant would be correct." Why is this "correct"? Do you know the reason for this functionality?

Is there somebody out there who faced a similar requirement to bypass this functionality? How have you solved it? I tried forcing the price/currency in the BAdI ME_PROCESS_REQ_CUST (method PROCESS_ITEM), but it didn't help.

TIA

Raf

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question