cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recalculate depreciation already posted

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have posted depreciation for period 01,02 & 03 of 2014 and then changed the Dep key (after posting). The new key calculates the dep correctly from period 4, 5 and so on. However, I need to have the new key results even for the earlier periods posted. How do I reset/recalculate dep for previous periods posted? AFAR is not helping.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,
Sanjay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay,

Have you maintained same dep.rate for both the dep.keys?

Regards,

Mukthar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mukthar,

Yes, the same Dep Rate is retained.

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay,

If you maintain same rate, then no changes will applicable for old periods. If you give different dep.rates to new dep.key, then system will adjust the depreciation for earlier posted periods in the current period.

Regards,

Mukthar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mukthar,

What you say is correct and thanks for your earnest reply.

What I changed in the Dep key is the 'change method' from 5 to NIL in AFAMA.

The scenario is like this  -

The life of the asset is 6 years and supposed to become zero in the month of July 14, which is not happening... ..hence I changed the 'change method' from 5 to Zero in AFAMA, Dep calc worked fine and asset amortization is also happening correctly.

Unfortunately, system is putting the difference of 2nd period in 3rd period along with 3rd period dep...and posting the rest of the periods correctly (bez the AFAB is run till 3rd period).

Now, When I run AFAB for 2nd and 3rd periods, system is allowing only 3rd period in repeat run, *whereas, I would want to change the dep posted for 2nd period also. If this can happen, my MIS will tally perfectly*. 

Thanks,
Sanjay

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay,

You can post the depreciation in repeat mode only for previous period posted depreciation. So in your case it posts only for 3 period not 2 period. If you want to post in 2nd period for your MIS report, you have to manually post the amount in ABF1. Later it will reverse on 3 period. Because 3 period you will get postings for period 2.

Regards,

Mukthar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay,

As per SAP if depreciation is already posted for a particular period then the same cannot be changed unless the posting is done with repeat run. Now repeat run can be done only for last posted depreciation. Now in your case depreciation is posted for period 2 and 3 so now you can make the changes in the posting period 4 as planned depreciation or in repeat run for posting period 3. Now system is behaving correctly that system will post the differential amount of prior periods to the next posting period in whcih depreciation is to be posted. In your case an option that can be used is of posting an unplanned depreciation for posting period 2 of the differential amount.

Regards,

Malhar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Seems that is the only option left. Thanks for your kind answers.