Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spool Administration in SAP...

former_member185534
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello to All.,

Is there any way to bound end user to see the print preview before giving the print command?

For e.g.: Suppose a report has 15 pages,user want only 5 pages of this report,but user gives the print of the entire report (15 pages..) generally.There is a wastage of 10 pages in this scenario.

I want to bound user, when he/she gives the print command, only print preview comes first, then only user be able to give the print of the document.

Is there any way to do this. Please do let me know?

Reply...

Regards,

JUNAID

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Laszlo_B
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well, today isn't my day - sorry for replying again, but this time I have found the solution: authorizations.

Spooling authorizations can limit which pages may be printed by the user - which unfortunately means that all applications will be affected by this setting.

Authorization object S_SPO_PAGE limits which pages can be printed by the user. For example if you enter

0000000001-0000000005

as the authorization value, the user will be only able to print the first five pages of any spools. (This means that this authorization is a cross-application setting.)

SAP Note 119147 gives full description about spool authorizations: http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/119147 .

Best regards,

Laszlo

former_member185534
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Laszlo ..!!

I will check it and let you know if my purpose is solved.

I would also like to print IP address on each print out.Is it possible..then please let me know.

Reply...!!

Thanks a lot.

Regards,

JUNAID

Laszlo_B
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Junaid,

could you please help if I understand correctly: on each page which will be printed, the IP address should be also printed on the paper?

If yes: exactly which address is required? (The application server, or the host name, etc.?)

If the host is enough, you can switch on "SAP cover page" for the Output Device. The SAP cover page will then contain some host/database and other information of the spool.

The "SAP cover page" can be switched on here:

• go to transaction SPAD
  • select the Output Device which will be used for this printing
  • select tab "Output Attributes"
  • go into change mode
  • check the checkbox of "SAP cover page"
  • save the Output Device.

You can test new spool requests with this setting (as re-printing old spool requests with this new option might create incorrect results).

Best regards,

Laszlo

former_member185534
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thanks for the reply...!!

I will do the same to print host name on print.

But If i need to print IP (Application Server IP) on every print.Is it possible..Then how..??

Please help me into this regard...

Regards,

Junaid

Laszlo_B
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Junaid,

unfortunately there is no automatic solution for that. A custom program needs to be written which checks the current Application Server's IP, then inserts it into the print data.

Best regards,

Laszlo

former_member185534
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

Greetings...!!!

I would also like to print IP address on each print out.Is it possible..then please let me know.

I also print with SAP cover page, but it only prints User name of Application Server, not the host name or IP.

My requirement is to print IP address/hostname on each print out.(i.e.Print IP/host name as like Footer....)

Another question is: Can we edit details of SAP Cover page,If Yes, then please tell me about the process.?

Reply...

Regards,

JUNAID

Laszlo_B
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Junaid,

sorry, but there is no "out-of-the-box" solution for that. You need to implement this function in your printing program. As far as I know, there is no profile parameter which would contain the IP address of the application servers - this needs to be resolved on OS level.

Best regards,

Laszlo

former_member185534
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

Greetings...!!!

Can we edit the details of SAP Cover page,If Yes, then please tell me about the process.??

I tried to print with SAP Cover page.It prints Client No.User Name,Application Server name,Device type,Page Format and other details.

It also shows the  parameters "SP01_FROM" and "SP01_TO" and their values

All headings are pre written in German Language,not in English language.

I want to edit these details.

So please guide me...??

Reply...

Regards,

JUNAID

Laszlo_B
Active Contributor

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member185534
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I created a role and assign it to the user in which I restrict the min. no of pages to 1 & max.no.of print pages to 2 pages in the authorization object S_SPO_PAGE (assign manually).

I also created parameter : rspo/auth/pagelimit = 1 in Instance Profile by RZ10 and restart the server.

But it does not take the effect; it prints the entire document, not the edited one.

I have to add the above parameter in which profile(Default/Instance/Start) ..??

Please guide me...!!!

Regards,

JUNAID

former_member185534
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

My motive is to restrict end user printing.

I want to restrict,user can only print 2 pages of any print out( No matters print out is of 02 pages or more...)

Because there is lot of paper waste in my organization.User gives the print command of the entire document,he didn't enter the actual the number of pages required.

I want to bound user for printing.

Is there any process,please do let me know...??

Reply...

Regards,

JUNAID

Laszlo_B
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Junaid,

did you try the method mentioned in http://scn.sap.com/message/15669139#15669139 ?

Best regards,

Laszlo

former_member185534
Participant
0 Kudos

You mean by this...??

Authorization object S_SPO_PAGE limits which pages can be printed by the user. For example if you enter

0000000001-0000000005

as the authorization value, the user will be only able to print the first five pages of any spools. (This means that this authorization is a cross-application setting.)

But from where i set this authorization..??

From PFCG,can we edit Role of the user and change authorization data..Is it..?? or

Is there any other way to do this...??

Regards,

JUNAID

former_member185534
Participant
0 Kudos

Where i set this parameter S_SPO_PAGE and its value.

Please give me the complete steps,If you have...!!

Regards,

JUNAID

Laszlo_B
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Junaid,

• in transaction PFCG open the role used by the end users for editing
  • under tab "Authorizations" press the button next to "Change Authorizatoin Data"
  • add the S_SPO_PAGE with the "Manually" button on the toolbar
  • set the details for this authorization.

Unfortunately roles/authorizations is not one of my strongest points, the Space http://scn.sap.com/community/security might be able to help with authorization problems.

Best regards,

Laszlo

former_member185534
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I created a role and assign it to the user in which I restrict the min. no of pages to 1 &max.no.of print pages to 2 pages, but it does not take the effect; it prints the entire document, not the edited one.

Please guide.

Regards,

JUNAID

Laszlo_B
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Junaid,

then it seems a different authorization, which gives full access to all pages, automatically overrides this setting.

If the deletion of the cache data also does not change this behaviour, the Security Space might be able to tell where/what can be checked to see the overriding authorization.

Best regards,

Laszlo

former_member185534
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Laszlo,

Greetings...!!!

Can you please share you personalized mail id..??

I have something to discuss with you.

Waiting for your reply..!!!

Regards,

Laszlo_B
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Junaid,

sorry, one correction from my side: these parameters are only valid for the print preview, this means: I am not sure how the applications will handle the printing from the print preview with restricted page range (so: the entire spool will be taken by the application or only the selected range).

Sorry, but this needs to be discussed with the application owner again.

Best regards,

Laszlo

Laszlo_B
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Junaid,

unfortunately there is no global setting which would "enforce" a user to preview a document before any printouts could be done. This needs to be set in the applications separately.

However, there is a solution to automatically limit the printable pages from the print preview of the application, or transaction SP01:

• go to transaction SU01, and open the user's data for editing
  • go to tab "Parameters"
  • set parameter SP01_FROM with value 1. This parameter controls the first page to be printed from the print preview
  • set parameter SP01_TO with value 5. This parameter controls the last page to be printed from the print preview.

This means: the solution for your requirement would be to first discuss with the application owner to change application customizing, so print preview is "enforced" before printing.

Then the parameters "SP01_FROM" and "SP01_TO" in the users' master data automatically limit the printable range.

(I believe these parameters can be set in transaction SU10 for several users. Transaction SU10 is responsible for mass changes in user data, so you can enter the name of all affected users, then add "SP01_FROM" and "SP01_TO" to them.)

Best regards,

Laszlo

AtulKumarJain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Junaid,

Please check below scn thread

I hope it will help you.

Best Regards,

Atul

former_member185534
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply...!!

But the given answer is not sufficient to my situation.

I want to bound user, when he/she gives the print command, only print preview comes first, then only user be able to give the print of the document.

For e.g.: Suppose a report has 15 pages,user want only 5 pages of this report,but user gives the print of the entire report (15 pages..) generally.There is a wastage of 10 pages in this scenario.

Is there any way to do this or is there any way to set parameter.Please do let me know?

Reply...

Regards,

JUNAID