cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workflow for GR/MIGO Approval

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear WF Experts,

I want to develop a workflow for Goods Receipt (MIGO) Approval. I want to hold the GR without posting it and send it for approval and then after approval I want to post the GR. I tried the hold option in MIGO but if we put the GR on hold then the material document is not generated and we need for workflow trigger. Has anybody developed such workflow? The other option would be a two-step GR where in use movement type 103 to post the GR Into GR blocked stock and trigger the workflow and once it is approved use movement type 105 to Release GR blocked stock for warehouse, but what we are worried about this approach is it might cause some issue in the Standard Reports or PO History Status. Please advise any feasible solution.

Regards

IK

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

ronen_weisz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is a standard object for goods movements 'BUS2017' but the problem is, as you described, placing the goods movement on hold. so a 2 steps solution is an option or a cancellation movement (102) is an option. the problem with goods movement approval is that the stock is usually moved/received and simply rejecting the goods movement is not very useful, the stock is already there...

Another option is a form before the goods movement (approval can easily automatically post the movement there are BAPIs available)    

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think there is no standard workflow available for your requirement.

But you can try to find the standard events by using event trace SWELS.

If there is no standard events available, then you have to create custom event and using user exits you have to trigger the workflow.

Thanks,

Vijay.