Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with inbound filename retrieval

former_member196064
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Greetings,

I have a simple BPM that loops,(in a block), through a file, calls a BAPI, and outputs to a file.

I've added a mapping that isn't part of my BPM to try & retrieve the inbound filename from the DynamicConfiguration of the SOAP Header of my receive step.

Could someone please give basic steps or point me to a blog that shows

how to add the mapping external to my BPM, but still part of my process.

Thanks,

Doug -

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member189558
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Doug,

You can do it in either of the 2 places ..

Just before the message enters BPM...

Or just after the message comes out of BPM...

for both the routes there will be a corresponding Receiver Determination and Interface determination.... In the interface determination just specify the mapping program in addition to the inbound Interface....

The mapping program will map in O/B message with the Abstract interface that goes in BPM.. or for the other case.. the Abstract interface(used in BPM send step) with your inbound message of target system..

Thanks,

Himadri

former_member196064
Active Participant
0 Kudos

And thus my dilema...

My start step is my inbound file with content conversion into my inbound structure..

Next I have a transformation step to split the message lines by a field id into a multiline structure.

Then, in my parforeach block I loop on the structure from my transformation.

I then load my BAPI structure and call my BAPI in a synchronous send.

And last, I simply send the BAPI response to my outbound file... with content conversion.

How/where do I put this additional in between mapping step, external to my BPM, to go between my inbound file structure and the structure in my transformation?

The config side never lets me select my Interface Mapping.

I can use either structure... my inbound file structure, or my in between structure

for my recieve/start step... but I cannot put in an Interface Mapping in either case.

Do I need another step in my BPM for this?

Please advise --

Doug -

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Doug,

><i>How/where do I put this additional in between mapping step, external to my BPM, to go between my inbound file structure and the structure in my transformation?</i>

Where exactly do you need this mapping step and why? Do you want to set the filename dynamically? Then you will need to have a dummy mappinng in the interface determination corresponding to the Send Step of the BPM from where you send the File to the target system. This interface mapping will be between the Abst Message interface of the Send Step and the Inbound Message Interface for the file. It will be a straight mapping with only the filename being set dynamically using an UDF.

Regards

Bhavesh

former_member196064
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Kantilal,

Actually I want it first thing on the inbound file/start step.

That's where the DynamicConfiguration fields are showing.

I've already got the outbound filename setup using a variable pointing to the payload... but I have to default it to "Results" because I can't seem to get my hands on the inbound filename.

Please advise...

Doug -

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

><i>I've already got the outbound filename setup using a variable pointing to the payload... but I have to default it to "Results" because I can't seem to get my hands on the inbound filename.

Please advise...</i>

A few of the Dynamic Configuration header fields are not available for use within the BPM. I guess an aletrnate in this case would be to have a mapping in the interface determination for your Receive Step of the BPM.

This will read the filename and then stored it in some dummy field so that the file name can be read inside the BPM from the payload. As the dynamic Configuration is not available inside the BPM this would be the wayo read the source file name inside the BPM.

Regards

Bhavesh

former_member196064
Active Participant
0 Kudos

ok... yes... that's the second time you told me that.

I tried forcing the mapping into the interface determination.

XI did let me copy the mapping object & paste it in... but when I ran my test... it stopped after that step. It never processed beyond my receive step.

However... this wasn't exactly what I would call a dummy mapping... it was the actual mapping with all the fields.

Are you saying that if I copy that mapping and only enable the filename field, paste it into my interface determination, it should continue on to my transformation step & have the filename available... granted if I set it up right?

I guess the only way to find out for sure... is to try it... huh?

Doug -