cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HR Authorization object and Profile generator

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

i have a question to find the relationship between "Field values of Authorization Object P_ORIGIN" & "Profile generators"

The circled T-code in Profiles will appear will appear only when they first entered in'Field value of authorization Object ?

Please Help,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

venkateshorusu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What exactly you are looking for can you elaborate it Since how it works USer - role - Profile - objects -

while designing authorization objects we have to configure authorizations considering object each object works in different way we have to configure them accordingly on the basis of authorization field values where in P_ORGIN case we can provide authorization on the basis of Info type subtype personnel area, employee group, employee sub group.organizational key once this is done we have to generate profiles it is similar to activating a feature by clicking on activate so that authorization object works accordingly.

Regards

Venkatesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi venkatesh as rightly you said- Authorisation Object P_ORIGIN has access to fields like- Infotype, subtyp, personnel area, subareas....

I got my answer, got little Confused , i didn't see the P-Tcode is right there among all the other Authorization objects in T-Code SU23 and was trying to link P_Tcode & P_ORIGIN. but they bothare seperate Authorisation objects in Alone.

Sorry it was a mess...

venkateshorusu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Okay now you are clear right close the thread as well.

Regards

Venkatesh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Anuj

I think it would be best it you describe what your issue is with the security as your question is quite unclear.

Just a few things with your screen shots

• in first screen shot, you have authorisation object P_ORGIN which comprises of all of the authorisation fields including auth level, infotype, subtype, etc
  • In the second screen shot, you appear to have drilled into the user access through to an authorisation value for a different object - P_TCODE which contains the field TCD and the values you have circled

There is direct relationship between the authorisation object definition for P_ORGIN and the object definition of P_TCODE. What is an authorisation object, authorisation field, etc comes back to SAP security training (course ADM940). You can check sap help also for an overview of security role/profile/authorisation objects/etc

Again, you will get better assistance if you explain why you are asking such questions and what you are trying to achieve or issue you are trying to resolve.

Regards

Colleen