cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replicate from multiple oracle schemas in single instance to hana

0 Kudos

Hi -

I am replicating Oracle Leasing to Hana and have 50 tables spread across 7 schemas.

I want to use a single Hana schema for the connection.

For example

schema1 has 5 tables

schema2 has 4 tables

User SLT_ADMIN has the following Oracle privs:

• create any table
  • create trigger
  • select any table

From Hana studio, I try to replicate table

schema1.table1

Hana returns message that table has no columns and prefixes table as if it is SLT_ADMIN.SCHEMA1.TABLE1.

In a different test, I create the same tables in the SLT_ADMIN schema and can replicate successfully.

What configuration do I need to setup as SLT_ADMIN to allow me to replicate tables owned by other schemas?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Pl. include the schema mapping information using the DBCO transaction in SLT server.  As soon as the schema name is added, SLT knows where to pull from in Oracle.

Regards

0 Kudos

Hi -

the configuration has the following

( "testserver.pb.com:1524/DEV":::SCHEMA1)

I can successfully replicate any tables that are in SCHEMA1

However, there are also tables in SCHEMA2, SCHEMA3 and SCHEMA4.

SCHEMA1 as access to all the other schemas - but when I try to see any of the tables in the other schemas, SLT cannot find them.

I want to use one SCHEMA1 as the connection in Oracle and use that to replicate from SCHEMA2,3,4.

Do I need to have a separate connection for every oracle schema?

Thanks

Saritha_K
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please have a look at below link ?

http://scn.sap.com/community/replication-server/blog/2013/06/11/how-to-setup-a-n1-replication

I think this should give you some hint to solve your problem.

Please let me know if this helps or not.

Regards,

Saritha K

0 Kudos

Hi - that was a very interesting article.

Is it possible to have 2 parameters in the configuration.

1) oracle table owner

2) the actual username and pw that we want to connect to oracle - a common id for all schemas

we want to use a single oracle account  in SLT that has access to many different oracle schemas

tobias_koebler
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

for this setup you need for every single schema one configuration within the SLT system. Technically this setup is interpreted as an n:1 replication.

So you would create 5 configurations with source schema1, 2,3,4,5 and as the configuration name (that also represent the target schema name) you would choose the same name.

All 5 sources will be now replicated to the target schema. I would suggest that you use the LTRC to start the replication of the tables and not the HANA Modeler Provisioning UI (because there you will find only the meta table informtion from the last added source schema).

Best,
Tobias