cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Screen Personas compatibility with MDG-M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does anyone know if SAP Screen Personas is compatible with MDG?  I know you can run Personas within NWBC.  However, I am wondering if Personas is compatible with MDG or applications built using floorplan manager.

I am very familiar with MDG functionality and functional configuration (UI Configuration Manager and BRF+ Validation and Derivation tools).  However, it gets confusing when you start talking about the various flavors of NWBC and what technologies actually work together.  I have also played quite a bit with Personas.  And now I am being asked by our business if they are compatible with each other.

I believe the use case coming from our business is the need to move or combine fields between various UIBBs to simplify the interface.  It does not make sense to me that you would use Personas to hide or show fields because that can already be accomplished with MDG UI configuration (without introducing another technology such as Personas).  But despite our best effort to hide certain fields for MDG Requestors, perform validations, and default values, etc., our MDG users (material requestors) still find the UI cumbersome.  Especially when one or more required fields are missing a value and they have to hunt back through so many UIBBs to find the particular field in error.

Despite whether or not it really makes sense to introduce Personas into the MDG environment, just curious if it is even possible.

Appreciate any feedback folks have. Thanks.

Rob

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP Personas is for SAP GUI transactions. MDG is all web dynpro and it can't be used with Personas.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply, Abdullah.  Your response regarding WebDynpro compatibility confirms our understanding.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rob,

you can tell Business that Personas is not for FPM ATM. (Your business folks that underemployed that they got time to ask questions like this?! )

Personas for FPM is coming though, see last slides of . It seems not to be available as of now.

I have my doubts on applicability to MDG-M, because of:

• Performance - MDG-M is not a racer as it is
  • Features - Most things you can do w/ Personas you can do w/ MDG + FPM ootB already, like pre-setting values or removing fields from the UI or changing it

The presentation is rather vague on what to expect here. The screenshot looks like themes & FPM customizing would do the same trick.

You can do amazing things to MDG UIs (FPM as a whole). What's the requirement?

(There - that's something business should work on: Good requirement specifications! )

BR Jürgen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jurgen,

Thanks for your response and the link to the FPM slides.  It is always good to get thoughts and input from other experts such as yourself.

Warm Regards.

Rob