Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change of work center in prod order in not confirmed operations in APO / ECC

former_member275015
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am awaiting my sap access but face already some questions that I am not sure of whether or not it is possible to change a work center in production order in operations that are not confirmed yet.

e.g. operations 10-20 are confirmed,

operations 30 has not started yet:  can I change the work center in this and further operations?

thanks for helpful input!

best regards,

Pilvi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

frank_horlacher
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Pilvi,

it is definitely possible to change the work center in operation 30 in a production order which is released and the operations 10 and 20 are already confirmed.

I checked this with an example:

My order has 4 operations.

Operation 30 can be excuted on two alternative resources.

Operations 10 and 20 are confirmed.

At first the operation 30 is on resource Pack01.

then I move it to Pack02.

This example is from the SAP Advanced Production Scheduling rapid-deployment solution.

Access this area directly via

http://service.sap.com
/rds-aps

BR Frank

former_member275015
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Frank,

thank you for your input.

Does that mean that this solution works in a normal environment of SAP ECC linked to APO? or just in this rapid solution?

have you classified the resources of operation 30 to have two modes in one PDS?

I think if I would use two different PDS (no classification of work centers in ECC) then probably I could not change the resource, right? I mean if I run the first two operations using PDS 1 for same product, would it be possible to change the resource of operation 30 (not yet started) to resource from PDS 2 without having classified work centers? would APO allow that?

So the main question is if the change of resources works only for classified resources?

thank you in advance!

kr,

Pilvi

frank_horlacher
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Pilvi,

the rapid deployment solution is pure standard. It is just a bundle of predefined scope with complete documentation and service offering. If you have an APO licence you can access the documentation.

we used alternative sequences in the routing to get the alternative modes.

If you use two different PDS you cannot change the resource by drag and drop. You need to change the source = PDS of the order.

I think that you cannot change the PDS of an order that is already started.

The change of the resources also works with alternative sequences in the routing which are transferred to APO as alternative modes.

BR Frank

Answers (0)