cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

object dependency in pl /prod orders in APO PP/DS (7.03)

former_member275015
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to find a solution for the below issue.

In the routing there are several operations maintained and there might be alternative routings or alternative work centers (classified) for one operation.

The idea is that when creating a planned order for a specific product and choosing a certain work center XY for operation 20, the system should know that the same work center has to be used for operation 40. I am looking for object dependency so the system would adjust the work center for operation 40 automatically based on work center being used for operation 20.

Any idea how this might be solved?

I thought of classiffing the work centers and operations and create object dependency in the routing...

thank you for any helpful input!

best regards,

Pilvi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

frank_horlacher
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Pilvi,

your problem can be solved using object dependencies at both operations but it would restrict scheduling for the liveCache because the object dependency would select the alternative work center before scheduling. If you want to have a better scheduling you should use mode linkage to solve that problem. Then the liveCache has full freedom where to schedule the first activity and according to the capacity situation the second activity will be scheduled with the corresponding mode.

Linking of Modes

BR Frank

former_member275015
Participant
0 Kudos

hi Frank,

thank you for the answer and pointing out the alternative of linking the modes.

it looks like what we really look for

best regards,

Pilvi

Answers (0)