cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deletion of Assignment in Life Cycle Management

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

May I ask with regards to the deletion of the assignment.

Whenever I try to delete the like profile, there is a pop up that says "delete like profile and delete assignments" however, the assignments were not deleted. May I kindly ask if you can explain the following selections when deleting the like profile.

- Delete like profile and ignore assignments

- Delete like profile and delete assignments (whenever I try to select this, assignments are not deleted, I tried to test this in a different system and the results are the same. Deletion of assignments are not done. If this is the case, what is the meaning when it said "delete assignments" as well)

Your reply will be very much appreciated.

SIncerely,

Ria

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ria,

Let us assume that you are doing Phasein/out for 2 products.

A is phased out and B is Phase in.

you define the like profile---A  with A and B products.

in assignment table for B product you gave the like profile A.If you delete Like profile A it will not allow you to delete that because you have assigned for b product.

You just remove B product in assignment table and you can remove like profile A.

Thanks,

Naga.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naga,

Thanks for the reply. I am actually able to delete the like profile without having to delete the assignments. However, my questions is:

What does this two selections mean

- Delete like profile and ignore assignments

- Delete like profile and delete assignments

whenever deleting the like profiles.

this is because whenever I choose delete like profile and delete assignments, only the like profile was deleted and the assignments are retained in the table.

Thanks in advance.

SIncerely,

Ria

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ria,

Delete like profile and ignore assignments: It will only delete the Like profile.

Delete Like profile and Delete assignments: this will delete the like profile and the assignment but if you have any phasein / out profile attached to it in the assignment tab, then it wont be deleted. you will have to remove the phasein/out profile from the mass assignment and then go to like profile and delete.

This process in SAP is really cumbersome, so we automated this whole process in my last project.

Rorie.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rorie!!!

Thank you very much! This has helped me a lot!

Have a great day!

Sincerely,

Ria

Answers (0)