cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to uninstall Afaria Samsung MMEP

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have a BYOD policy in place but once a user decides to leave the the company he can uninstall the Afaria client but cannot remove the Afaria Samsung MMEP application from his own device.

Is there any way to successfully uninstall this application from the mobile device?

Regards,

Andre

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

former_member228655
Participant
0 Kudos

Andre,

“Set Afaria administrative privileges removable” setting need to be set "YES" and then policy need to apply on the device. Then only user will be able to uninstall MMEP.

You may want to create a group call Retire Users. Then create a separate policy with above setting and then link the Retire Users group. After that apply policy and then remove control of the device. Since in this case user has already uninstalled the client, I would recommend to have user to install client -> connect to server -> from Admin apply policy -> now try to remove MMEP

@ Jamil : Please try above and see if you are able to resolve this issue

Thank you,

Sejal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I've got the same problem, in a company, after uninstall afaria client, & Notes traveler, & desactivate all 3 objects (notes, afaria + afaria samsung MMEP), I can't uninstall it... 😞

maybe only reset the phone will resolve this..., bad way...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Changing that option didn't do anything. I can also verufy that "Remove device admin allowed" is set to Yes on all devices but that is working fine for the client at least.

Former Member
0 Kudos

@John Taylor, thank you. I really thought that could be it but I don't have that option in our environment. Maybe the wrong version? We're on Afaria v7 SP4 HF12. The only similar option in our admin console is "Set Afaria admin privileges removable" which was already set to Yes. I'll try to uncheck that option to see if it changes anything.

@Sejal Patel we're facing this issue on all Samsung devices since we push SAFE policies to all of them, we currently have Galaxy S4 Mini, S4 and S5.

jtaylor
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, sorry, I believe the name changed between SP4 and SP5... I was referring to what the setting is called in SP5... so that would be the correct field.

edit: I just noticed that you have the field set to Yes, so this wouldn't be the problem.

former_member228655
Participant
0 Kudos

Andre,

Is this issue one a particuler Android device or are you able to recreate it on multiple different android devices? Can you provide this particuler device information?

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gregory, thank you for your answer but unfortunately that's not the case. I made sure to go in device admin first and deactivate both applications but only the Afaria client enables the Uninstall button.

jtaylor
Active Participant
0 Kudos

You probably have selected the configuration option "Allow Afaria Device Admin Deactivation = no" under the Android Configuration Policy > Samsung SAFE > Device Manager Policy.

For users that are leaving the company, you should have a group set up, which is linked to a configuration policy which undoes restrictions that you normally do for Android (especially this one). After moving them to that group, you should apply policies to the device, or have the user manually run a connection. Unlike iOS, Android does not have built in faculties which set the settings back to the previous state once a device admin is removed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andre,

Yes, it is possible to uninstall the Afaria Samsung MMEP. What's probably happening when your user attempts to do so is that the Afaria Samsung MMEP is still an active administrator on the device, which among other things means it can't be uninstalled at the time. Once MMEP has been disabled as a device administrator, it can be uninstalled.

On the device, go to Settings > Security > Device Administrators and uncheck Afaria (if he hasn't already) and Afaria Samsung MMEP. Now go back to Application Manager and try uninstalling MMEP again.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Greg Kachadurian