Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Field format changing after projection

fulvioval
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi experts, I need a little help.

I making an graphical calculation view and and I 2 projections, in first I have Calculated column "VLR" (type decimals 15,4) and in second projection is just for filtering.

When I get a data preview in first projection, field "VLR" has a value of 261,22 but after second projection "VLR" has 26.122. Why second projection is changing value/format of "VLR" Calculated Column? I checked here and I just passing field from projection to another, without changes.

Thanks for any help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

patrickbachmann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm trying all kinds of ways to try and produce the same results but can't seem to break my example to match yours.  Can you provide a screenshot of the semantics LOCAL tab?  Maybe it will provide a clue.

-Patrick

fulvioval
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks for answer! Follow screenshots:

1. First proj and Calculated Column

2. Calculated Column

3.Data preview of Projection 1

4.Final projection (was originally aggregation, switched to projection)

5.Data preview of final projection

patrickbachmann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What about semantics?  ie: I want to see how the field shows in semantics, what data type and what aggregation type it's showing etc.

fulvioval
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks again. Follows screenshot from semantics:

patrickbachmann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

My theory is somehow it's applying the projection formula each and every time.  ie: each projection multiplying by .01 or something like that.  I'm not 100% sure if you keep doing projections over and over if the same calculated measure would get applied each and every time.  I'm guessing if you did a third projection you will see something like 2.6122.

fulvioval
Explorer
0 Kudos

I tried remove Projection_1 and transfered all calculated columns to Join_2. In data preview in Join_2 value is correct, but in final projection I get same problem.

So I tried to move only the problematic calculation column to final projection but the problem persists.