cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOBJ Reports Automatic Scheduling with different Input parameters(Prompts)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a requirement where users want to schedule the webi reports with out manual efforts.

My users are expecting business objects job can be scheduled whose purpose is to schedule all of the subsidiary jobs with different input parameters and and mail addresses.

we know we can schedule to first be created and a copy schedule to be taken from this and then modify the input parameters and schedule.

I searched user knowledge base and BOBJ blogs but didn't find any inputs on this.

we are in SAP BO 4.1 SP 4 and my reports developed on top of BICS Connection

Request you all share your experiences and inputs on this.

Thanks in Advance!!!

Thanks & Regards,

Kumar V

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Request share your experiences,thoughts and inputs on this query.

Thanks in advance!!!

Thanks & Regards,

Kumar V

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use publication option of BO.Here is how to use video link for publication;

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gh6Ks101KJ4

Regards,

Utku

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Many thanks for your response.

I gone through the video am bit confused with the publication.

here are some of my users requirements where in they want to schedule to BO webi reports in pdf format  Based on the cost Centre Group and for different plan versions to their managers automatically with out doing any manual work.

For illustrative purposesTo run on second working day of each of the months belowJuneJulyAugustSeptOctNovDecJanFebMarch
for the previous period end. E.g the rport that would be sent
out in June is for fianncial data relating to end of May.
Plan version0000000000
To be sent toType of report:- Cost Centre ReportPlan Version AF0F0F0F0F0F0F0F0F0F0
test@gmail.comBRGPlan Version BA2A3A4A5A6A7A8A9A10A11
Plan Version CF2F3F4F5F6F7F8F9F10F11
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For publication, you should create another webi report includes email adresses for each users and Plan version of users.And you will use this report in publication as an dynamic recipents.So when you run the publication, each plan will be to mapped users.

Regards,

Utku

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Thanks a lot for your prompt response on my query.

As you said which means we have to create all the users list in SAP BW PRD and form there we have to import all the users list to BO CMC-PRD rite correct me if am wrong?

Once we create the users list in BO CMC-PRD By using publication with out manual effort all the input parameters will pick automatically depending up on the months rite..correct me if am wrong ?

Many thanks for your time.

Thanks & Regards,

Kumar V

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You dont need to import users in cmc.Just create report from BW that includes user list, e-mail adresses and plan version.This is for to send report for each users for each plan version.But you have to re create main report without any input parameter except date/month prompt.You should create dynamic filter on webi for date/month or create dynamic prompt on bex.But just for date/month parameter.For another prompts, you dont need to use any prompt.Just use publication.

Regards,

Utku

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm really confused with your points .sorry for this please don't mistaken me.

We have two webi Reports in BO as of now on top of BICS Connection based on two different BeX queries.

we have Cost Element Report where in users want to see the data for Different Cost Centre Groups with cost element wise data and my users want to send the Different Cost Centre Groups data for their different managers in pdf format where in for Different plan versions prompts.

All these things they are expecting automatically.

For Example if users want to see the data for march 2015 system should pick up automatically plan versions with respect to that month like this they want to see the data every month with respective plan versions.

once again many thanks for your time and responses towards my query.

Thanks & Regards,

Kumar V

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Second report is for automatic e-mail sending for all users.If you watch the video, you will understand what i mean.I think you use BPC for planning.If it is so, you should create bex varible.When you select the plan version like "201401201000", bex variable automaticly understand that year is 2014 and company code is 1000.Is that you are asking for?Other wise can you share a clear example, because it is complicated to understand.

Utku

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Here am giving you brief example on how my users want to schedule the BO reports to their managers in pdf format automatically.

In my webi report we have a input selection screen where in that we have different plan versions for that particular month, year and different Cost Centre Groups ,

my users expectation is that with out any manual effort system will pick the automatic values for the next month data....

for example if we schedule the report for the following input parameters  for this month

we have the below input parameters for the BO reports

Users will follow April to March calendar

Controlling Area— 1000

Fiscal year— 2014

Fiscal period from--- 1

Fiscal period to---12

Plan version – 0

Plan Version A – F0

Plan Version B -- A6(Actual September)

Plan Version C – F6(Forecast September

Cost center Group or cost center---  BREGA

Cost Element Group or cost element--  Transports

For the next month report they want to see the report for

Plan version – 0

Plan Version A – F0

Plan Version B -- A7(Actual october)

Plan Version C – F7(Forecast october)

Different Cost Centre Groups and Different Cost Elements...............Like this my users are expecting BOBJ reports to be scheduled

The above should be done automatically with out any manual effort.

please let me know if you need any further information where i can give you more inputs to understand my issue.

Thanks for your time towards my query.

Thanks & Regards,

Kumar V