cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Employee unable to access Partner profile through VA02 due to HR Structural Authorizations

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I would be grateful if anyone could help me on the below issue.

We have an employee who is a manager of an org unit and has 5 sub-ordinate employees reporting to her. She has an MSS profile assigned to her position in infotype 1017 and has MSS entry in the HR structural authorizations table T77UA. When this employee enters the transaction VA02 or XD02,and selects any sales partner profile, it is giving an error while doing the first name and last name lookup. For the very same employee, if we remove the MSS entry in T77UA, this is perfectly working. All the below sub-ordinate employees who do not have an entry in T77UA are able to do the name lookup. Please do help us on this as we need the employee to have both MSS access as well as the name lookup access in the sales partner profile.

Looking forward for some great help on this!!

Regards,

Satish Chikkala

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Eva_1
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Satish,

not sure if you have already solved it, anyways if you use structural authorizations and you have a user with a restricted structural profile the user should be able to use the name search help but he will only see the persons he has access to.

In VA02 without structural authorization activated you need access to the infotype 2 of the employees

so that you can use this search help. The standard authorization object is P_ORGIN (this is also described in note 482439).

If structural authorization is also activated you also need acces (besides P_ORGIN) to the object type

P. As it is restricted in case of an MSS manager he will only see in the search help's result list the employees he has access to.

One option would be to give display access to all employees in the structural profile but I guess it is not a real option. I don't know the authorization concept in your company.

You can apply customer own check within the badi HRPAD00AUTH_CHECK.

Hope it helps!

Cheers

Eva

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

We have similar Partner profile issue with our client. We do have Structural Authorization and this restricts users who are not managers to search for employees in VA02 and QM02.

Is your issue resolved? Appreciate your inputs. Also appreciate the inputs from others who have successfully overcome this issue.

Many Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nels,

Our issue was not yet resolved. But, in our case, the managers who has MSS profile are restricted to search for employees in VA02. They could only search employees who are thier direct reportees. Although employees who are non-managers and who do not have MSS profile could search for any employee through VA02.

Regards,

Satish Chikkala