cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to locate Business View Manager in CR Server 2011

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to figure out how to access the business view manager in Crystal Reports 2011.  I need to access the BVM in order to edit/delete dynamic parameters which show up under "Repository Items" in my development software (CR 2011). I am able to create and edit reports using dynamic parameters but the edit/delete button is greyed out in development mode and I can’t edit or delete any of the dynamic cascading prompts. I need to make these changes in the BVM.

I log on to the CR server as an administrator and check out the Central Management Console (CVM) but do not see the BVM anywhere. I checked for the generic string *bvm*.exe in windows explorer hoping to install it in case it was not installed yet. I don't see this executable file anywhere in the server files.

Any help on how I can access the BVM would be MUCH MUCH appreciated!  My development work is on hold until I figure out how to successfully edit/delete all the dynamic parameters I created. Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Also, it is installed with either the Client Tools, or the Server.  If you've installed them to the default folder, it will be in <drive>:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\win32_x86.

-Dell

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shalini,

Search for CrystalBVM.exe - this is the exe for Business View Manager .

-Abhilash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Abhilash/Dell,

Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated.

I did an universal search for CrystalBVM.exe in windows explorer on the server C drive, and don't find any hits.

Also, when i go to the Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\win32_x86 folder, the executable files I see are as follows (don’t see bvm executable):

Sslc.exe

ReportAdd.exe

Regwiz.exe

Jobserverchild.exe

Cscheck.exe

Crystalras.exe

Crproc.exe

Connectionserver32.exe

Ccis_repo_update.exe

Sslconfig.exe

Has the bvm simply not been installed?

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Like Dell said, BVM is part of Client Tools and needs to be installed separately.

You don't necessarily need to install it on the Server, you can install it on your local machine too.

-Abhilash

niru7654
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Dell/Abhilash,

I have the same issue where I need to delete dynamic parameters list. I would like to install BVM client on my local work pc. I am trying to find CrystalBVM.exe in \Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\win32_x86. And I couldn't find it. Could you please tell me where and how should I get to install BVM client?

Thanks