cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System Acknowledgement to SOAP request

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

While working on the following scenario SOAP -> XI -> ABAP Proxy, I need a system acknowledgement to be send back to the requesting system. I had few queries on the same.

1. Currently in SXMB_MONI, I see the Ack. Status as blank. Does this mean that the server has not been setup for receiving acknowledgements?

2. I did a lot of reading on the blogs and every where I find that that sender system needs to request for an acknowledgement. How do I get my SOAP message (or SOAP adapter) to request and acknowledgement?

Kindly help,

Thanks and Regards,

Keerti

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Cross check with Acknowledgement procedure

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/55/65c844539349e9b1450581ab44a5e6/content.htm

It may help you

Regards,

Sai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sai,

Unfortunately our implementation doesnt include a Java proxy. Its a simple web service that is been exposed.

Regards,

Keerti

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Keerti,

I tried to follow your method of using element 'ReliableMessaging' generating Acknowledgement in SOAP client and it does generate acknowledgement in PI system, but i am not sure how to receive that acknowledgement in my SOAP client.

my SOAP client is a simple Javascript code that uses XMLHTTP POST.

What I want to do is to

1) constuct a SOAP message header using element 'ReliableMessaging' to generate Acknowledgement id for Async message in PI

2) capture Ack id in SOAP client before client executin is completed

3) later create another SOAP client to query status of Acknowledgement id received in Step 2

I have able to do step 1) per your method, but unsure how to write/extend SOAP client to perform step 2) & 3).

I will appreciate any pointers,

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yaar Keerti,

Try to check the below links...They may be useful....

/people/siva.maranani/blog/2005/05/23/communication-between-sap-system-webservice-using-proxies

/people/thomas.jung3/blog/2005/06/05/web-services-the-case-of-the-missing-soap-action-header

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/3531 [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken]

The last blog is related to Java Proxy, but the concept is Similar.

Hope this helps

Regards

Kiran...

Former Member
0 Kudos

After much research, I tried doing the following and it worked for me:

Step 1:

To do that, the SOAP request message must contain an additional tag in the request:

<SOAP:Envelope …>

<SOAP:Header>

<SAP:ReliableMessaging SystemAckRequested="false" SystemErrorAckRequested="true" ApplicationAckRequested="false" ApplicationErrorAckRequested="false" SOAP:mustUnderstand="1">

<SAP:QualityOfService>ExactlyOnce</SAP:QualityOfService>

</SAP:ReliableMessaging>

</SOAP:Header>

</SOAP:Envelope>

Step 2:

In the SOAP communication channel, turn on the Conversion Parameters > Keep Header.

If anyone has any better ideas, please keep me posted on it.

Regards,

Keerti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Keerti,

I am trying to do the exact same thing. Have you managed to get it working?

Regards,

Liesel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Keerti Nayak

I am trying to do the same thing. Could you you tell me how to get it working?

thanks a lot!