cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parameter that influence costing but not part of the 6 activities in work center

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm trying to find a wayto enter a parameter in the work center that will influence the costing.

Today I use one of the activities in the costing tab of the work center (in CR02), and take this parameter into consideration in the formula for the costing.

In the future I would like to take this parameter out of the activities table, but still to have another place to put it in order to have it as part of the formula for the costing.

I can not use fixed values, and I need to enter different value for this parameter in the routing of each material.

Does anyone has an idea how to do it?

Thanks a lot,

Yael.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Yael,

Can you be more specific or can you explain in a more clear way about your requirement.

Thanks

Venkat

former_member193808
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Yael,

Could you please explain further on your requirement? Is it that you are already using 6 activities and need to incorporate additional activity?

Thanks

Prem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

We use today 3 activities through costing tab in work center.

The last one, which called "machine scrap" is a parameter which is part of the formula for the costing, the formula from the work center:

and is entered during routing maintenance. Meaning, each material has different machine scrap which is entered in the routing.

We would like to move the machine scrap to another place in the work center/ routing, so it will still be part of the material costing and in the same time to remove this parameter from the activities table (under the costing tab, in the work center).

Thanks a lot,

Yael.

former_member193808
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Yael,

First of all, why the machine scrap is maintained as an activity? Are you incurring any additional cost, say like material handling cost etc on the same?

If not, you can take out the activity and user can declare this under the "Scrap" field while doing confirmation. This will not have quantity impact and will hit the costing as well.

The scrap is basically generated as part of production and this cost will be a minus entry against the production order. costing team can define a standard cost (based on market rate) and when declared under "Scrap", the same will be reflected against order.

If you do not want to remove the field technically but hide it from users, then you can do the same from OPK0, or set it in costing formula. Later on, if required, finance team can transfer the cost from cost center to this "machine scrap" activity type if they want.

Thanks

Prem

former_member184737
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Yael,

You need to have a provision to enter the value for this activity 'Machine scrap' since it's not an fixed value in your case, you need to enter this value during run time( guess, confirmation). We really don't know what value you want to fetch/maintain for this activity 'machine scrap'.You may remove this activity from Work center's costing view, but if we use this activity value in any of formula which is used by other activities in work center then you need to think from where system will fetch this value? or how you will pass this value into formula where this activity value is used? You need to analyse your business process and will do configure accordingly. Please explain more about your scenario/requirement, you may get more suggestion from our forum members.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sankar,

Thanks a lot for the effort to help me.

The "machine scrap" is a parameter that describes the extra machine time (in %) that is used for the scrap material that is produced as part of the regular process.

We like it to be part of the standard costing formula and not part of the actual, meaning, we don't want the user to confirm it during confirmation, but only to have it in the routing, so it will be part of the standard costing of the product.

Hope it's more clear.

Thanks again,

Yael.