SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generating Payment Mediums in FPY1 automatically

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

How could i make the generation of payment mediums to be automatic after the FPY1 is executed? Is it the only option using program SAPFKPY3?

Regards,

Mario

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mario.

Assuming you have configured all the needed settings in FQP1, FQP3 and FQP4 and defined a FPY1 run with the needed parameters, please check that you have defined a variant for the program SAPFKPY3 and that you have entered that variant in FPY1 - Environment - Payment medium.

Marko

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mario.

Assuming you have configured all the needed settings in FQP1, FQP3 and FQP4 and defined a FPY1 run with the needed parameters, please check that you have defined a variant for the program SAPFKPY3 and that you have entered that variant in FPY1 - Environment - Payment medium.

Marko

0 Kudos

Hi Marko,

I have defined a variant, and the mediums are generated correctly if I go and manually schedule the execution, but my question is, is there any way to have the creation of the mediums linked automatically to the execution of FPY1? Lets say that for a manual execution of FPY1 I want to have the mediums created automatically, is that possible?

Thanks!

M

0 Kudos

Hi Mario.

If you do have all that configured, then the medium is created for the scenario youre describing. When you create a new payment run in FPY1, enter al the data, save the parameters and then choose "Environment - Payment medium" from the menu. Enter the "Payment medium variant" (thats the variant you created for the SAPFKPY3 program) and click save.

Im not sure if the download of the medium to the local computer can be achieved automaticaly, though.

Marko

0 Kudos

Hi Mario,

There is no standard way to cater you requirement to automatically generate the Payment medium file once the FPY1 run is automatically completed.

However, with the use of event 1799, you can automate the creation of the payment medium file.

Event 1799 is triggered by the main activity program (FPY1), after processing the last interval.

So in event 1799, based on the mass activity type of FPY1,i.e.PAYP, you can pass the date id and identification of the payment run and call the program 'SAPFKPY3" and it will create the file and will save the file in the particular location as mentioned in the output control.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

Thanks Amlan,

One more thing, is it possible to restrict the re-generation of payment mediums? by standard you get a warning message, is it possible to restrict it completely?

M.