cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPC NW 10.1 Embedded

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have a few questions on Embedded and hope an expert can .

Scenario:  We have installed BPC 10.1 Embedded and also BI-IP, with a lot of planning functions & sequences. We now want to migrate to Embedded, my question is:

We have been able to use the input ready queries in BPC EPM Embedded, but how can I add buttons or data manager packages to run our planning sequences, similar to buttons in BI-IP workbooks?

Any guidance will be very much appreciated...

L.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member187400
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Lambertus Oosthuizen wrote:

Hi

I have a few questions on Embedded and hope an expert can .

Scenario:  We have installed BPC 10.1 Embedded and also BI-IP, with a lot of planning functions & sequences. We now want to migrate to Embedded, my question is:

We have been able to use the input ready queries in BPC EPM Embedded, but how can I add buttons or data manager packages to run our planning sequences, similar to buttons in BI-IP workbooks?

Any guidance will be very much appreciated...

L.

Hello Lambertus -

Do you use EPM ADD In, or Analysis Office ?

Many thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

We now use BoA 2.2. Any standard way to do this or do we have to do some vb?

former_member187400
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can create Button, and use this VBA Macro to call your planning sequence, and save the data.

Dim lResult As Long

lResult = Application.Run("SAPExecutePlanningSequence", "PS_5")

If lResult = 1 Then ' Run Successfully

lResult = Application.Run("SAPExecuteCommand", "PlanDataSave")

End If

nb: I assume you're running on Embedded Planning since you want to execute planning sequence.

hope it helps.

Cheers,

former_member187400
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lambertus - Does it work?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm having the same issue as you.

Were you able to insert a planning sequence in the Workbook?

Can you send to me how could you do it?

Many Thanks.

Rui

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rui,

Can you please check if this WIKI Page could help:

How to use the EPM Add-in Workbooks for Basic Planning Scenarios - Enterprise Performance Management...

Best regards,

Nedra.

former_member200327
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi L,

This part didn't change from BI-IP - create buttons in design mode and assign VBA functions that will call Planning Functions or Planning Sequences.

Regards,

Gersh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Garesh,

Thanks for the quick response. So in BIIP I have always used he button and then the CMD command to run a planning sequence, no VB was involved. How do I use VB to call the planning sequence? Do you have an example or maybe a link to a how-to document?

former_member200327
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you try looking up ExecuteDataProcess in Excel help?

0 Kudos

Hi,

it is possible to configure planning functions very similar as in AO; there is no command wizard as in BEx Analyzer. But EPM AddIn has an API, thus you can create Excel Buttons and trigger planning functions using the API. You can find the API in the documentation as follows:

APIs->SAP BW (INA Provider) Connections->Planning Objects ...

A general overview about the concepts in BW-IP and BPC can be found here:

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-58899

Regards,

Gregor