cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

return order quantity not updated

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dears,

I created return order with reference to billing with 10 pc, billing quantity is 100 pc, when i tried to create another return order with refernce to same billing system proposed 100 not 90. How can i prevent this behaviour ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Muhammad,

You can achieve this by enhancement / coding. The code will have to look at document flow table VBFA and "open" quantity, to ascertain the "remaining" amount in the reference process for which return order can be created.

If business can do with user discipline and warning message, then it is a work around and no need for development. Discuss the pros and cons with the client.

TW

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear

To restrict access to particular order type for one o group of users, please ask security administrator to create Security authorisation profile limited to this order type and assign it to this user or group.

A.G.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dears,

Thanks so much for the help.

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I have also same feelings as Jobi said its standard and I don't think so routine could do anything in it. If you want this the way you explained you might have to create your own routine but this is not logical. We are not sure that how many items customer would return. It is not necessary that customer return material like this. Warning message is designed for this to inform user.

Thank$

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Moazzam,

Not fully convinced with your business scenario explanation (maybe I did not understand it completely). If a customer was invoice 100 qty, then he should be able to return a max of 100. But it seems standard RE process is allowing 100 + qty to be returned! Muhammad's point and question is valid.

Muhammad,

(as commented by members) I think there is a warning message, during creation of RE order. But I have not tested it, as I don't have access to IDES currently. Further, it comes to user discipline to have correct qty in RE (complaint) process, as the company will be giving money to customer (refund).

We had a requirement, that RE qty and amount should be identical to the those in the reference billing documents. This was an enhancement and table VBFA was used in coding. But this was a specific business requirement for one process (defined / differentiated by a particular sales org)

TW

jobis
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The standard RE does not even need a reference  for  return.

The question is very valid and there need to be a solution for this.

Regards

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi TW

If we have such an ideal situation that customer returns material invoice wise and if batch/serial number activated then serial wise then this scenario you are talking about is valid. In some cases where there are hundreds of invoices have been made for a customer and business volume is very high, customer won't return you material invoice wise. He'll pick the material and send back to you without any reference and you won't be able to differentiate that which material belongs to which invoice. In this case it will be illogical to put this kind of check.

Coming to the requirement if reference mandatory is invoice and business is sure that there will always be return invoice wise then they can put a check using userexit or using routine. In standard this check is not possible. I remember now that I had implemented such check in my previous role but for returns where it was difficult or impossible to process with invoice reference we had another document type without reference mandatory and that was allowed to only one user who could create that document with special approval from top authorities.

Thank$

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Moazzam,

Do you remember how one particular order type could be accessed by only one user (creation and change of order)? Was it through authorization object or.....?

Thanks!

TW

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It was with authorization object.

Thank$

andrea_brusarestelletti
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

in customizing under "Sales and distribution --> Sales --> Maintain Copy Control for Sales Documents --> Copying Control: Billing Document to Sales Document" at item level, in the field "Pos.neg. quantity" set the value '-  Negative' for the relevant combination of Invoice Type/Return order type and item category.

This means that the creation of each return order decreases the quantity available for subsequent return orders.

Best regards,

Andrea

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Andrea,

I did as you suggested but it didn't worked.

jobis
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think this is the standard behaviour. There will be a popup which will tell no. of returns already done for that particular invoice, when we try to refer it for a new return order.

I dont know, if we can change this with standard routines in item level copy control.

thanks