cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What database information to provide during the setup of the Data Services 4.2 SP4?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear colleagues,

I am new to the topic of SAP Data Services setup and installation. I am just installing a SAP Data Services Installation on a virtual machine and ran into a problem I have problems to fix. I assume this has already happened to some of you and the answer might be simple, I just fail to find the solution.

So far the following things have been done successfully:

1. Setup of a new database with a dedicated user for it for the Informatipn Platform Services (IPS) CMS.
  2. Installation of the IPS using the user and database created under 1.
  3. Setup of a new database with another dedicated user to use for creating thze first local repository as part of the BODS setup routine.
  4. I created a new system DSN in the ODBC Data Source Administrator for the new database, but this did not help to solve the issue sketched below

Now I provide the credentials of this new database to the setup dialog step as stated in the screenshot:

When I click on the "Get Version" botton the system says: "The specified database does not contain a valid repository."

Clicking on "Next" actually does nothing at all.

What am I doing wrong? I indeed struggled a bit to tell from the installation guide whether I am supposed to create a new database for the new local repository, or whether I am just supposed to provide a user and password to let the setup create a database of its own. I have indeed found a website where the auther states that one is supposed to provide the MSSQL sa user credentials here. This sounds very odd to me, so I refused to do it up to now.

Can someone help me and point me to the right directoon here?

If I am lacking some important info here to solve the issue just say so.

Best regards and thanks in advance for any help you can provide

Carsten

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

For whatever reason killing the setup process in the windows process list was the only way to cancel the setup. After doing the setup again it worked (without me having changed anything in between). Odd indeed.

However, case closed.

Answers (0)