Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interface Determination - Context Objects

sendhil_kumar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have recently migrated interfaces from 7.0 to 7.4 single stack PI. There needs to be a condition maintained in interface determination in based on the sender.

This context object (Sender Service) is available in 7.0

Also, I could see list of other Context objects available as well.

Whereas in 7.4, the context objects from namespace System are not available.

Can you please guide me, how to get these Context objects listed.

--

Sendhil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sendhil,

I can confirm that we have the same context objects available on our 7.4 single stack system. So missing entries compared to our old system.

Unfortunately I don't know to get the rest of the values.

But I wonder if it even makes sense to have the "Sender Service" as a "Context Object" in the interface determination.

From what I understood, you can't have more than one sender for an ICO / IFLow -

As single stack is limited to ICO / IFlows only, the Sender Service is a constant, and not variable. Don't you think so?

Regards,

Elias

sendhil_kumar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Elias,

Yes, I see your point here. There is no need to specify sender as a condition here.

Also, you specified

I can confirm that we have the same context objects available on our 7.4 single stack system

So the other entries from old system are missing?

If you could please post your Context Objects screenshot here, it would be helpful.

--

Sendhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sendhil,

yes, the same entries of the old system are missing.

I compared it, our screenshot would exactly look like yours. So we have the same context objects available as you.

Regards

Elias

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sendhil,

According with the SAP.HELP documentation the object exists: Technical Context Objects - Managing Services in the Enterprise Services Repository - SAP Library, but i can't find it like you in PI 7.4 system. In think it is a bug and this should be reported to OSS.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Though context object available in 7.0 should work for you in my opinion but as suggested by others in this thread you need to get SAP BASIS 7.4 SWCV with help of your BASIS team.

Regards,

Sarvesh

sendhil_kumar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Sarvesh,

I am not able to see the Context objects of 7.0, though the SCW SAP BASIS 7.0 is imported in ESR.

How could we see those Objects?

--

Sendhil

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sendhil,

Have you got imported the SAP BASIS 7.4 SWC in your ESR?, if you don't, talk with your basis team to install it.

Regards.

sendhil_kumar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Iñaki Vila,

Yes, the SAP BASIS SWC is imported in ESR and I have checked manually with 7.0 and 7.4 SWC and I couldnot spot any differences between them. Also, from Elias reply in the same thread, it seems logical to assume Sender is not required here. (Please correct if I am wrong here). However the other Context objects are also missing, which I can say might be required in other cases.

Also if there is a way to check if SCW is not properlyimported, can you please suggest.

--

Sendhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sendhil,

Pls confirm what is the type of msg your sender system is sending...Is it an IDOC?

Regards,
Sriram

sendhil_kumar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Sriram,

Sender is Proxy.