cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enabling delta against the clearing doc for 2lis_13_vditm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

We have enhanced our 2LIS_13_VDITM datasource to get the cleared & uncleared items against the exports. For this we take export billing documents from VBRP table based on the billing type & pass it into mkpf table where we get the BELNR against the said billing document & again pass this BELNR into the BSEG table & look for the field AUGBL. If this field is populated, then its deemed that the item is cleared. This way we get the cleared export items.

Now our BW report runs based on the billing date, and so for any given date it should show the cleared export sales. And this works fine for the scenario where the billing date & clearing date is same. But it will go wrong when the billing date in now & clearing date is at a later day. Because in BW we are pulling the data based on the billing date. Now say doc xxx is generated today so the billing date for that doc is 12.01.2015 & lets say its not cleared today. So in todays load its pulled into BW as uncleared. Later after 5 days it will eventually be cleared. Now this clearing data will get missed out in BW & hence after 5 days also if we see the cleared items in BW it wont be appearing under it and alter at end of the month when the report is run & checked for Month to date values this doc will not appear under cleared items.

So how will I have to design this so as to enable the delta when there is a clearing document against the billing document? So when a clearing happens against a billing document a delta has to be triggered.

or is there any other way of designing this whole thing.

BR,

Shreesh.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ccc_ccc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shreesh,

Update data into first DSO, if any changes in clearing date it will overwrite.

Let say

Today in DSO

doc     billingdt.      clear date   Status

XXX 12.01.2015     NA             not cleared

Tomorrow in DSO

doc     billingdt.      clear date     Status

XXX 12.01.2015     13.01.2015.  Cleared

Filter only status cleared -- global filter.

Selection

Billing Date.

Pls try this.

Thank you,

Nanda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nanda,

But it doesnt happen that way.

Tomorrow for the same document the status gets changed but it will be in the table only. It is not getting pulled into BW as delta. My data load is from 2lis_13_vditm datasource which is based on the tables VBRK & VBRP. This datasource I have enhanced to include the status & clearing date from BSEG table. This clearing status comes from the table BKPF & BSEG. So at a later date when the status gets changed in the BSEG table, why will it trigger the delta. 

BR,

Shreesh.

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Shreesh,

I would recommend, rather than enhancing 2lis_13_vditm , create a separate data source for loading the clearing document, status and date so that the delta is maintained.

The other approach can be , enhance 2lis_13_vditm to include BELNR document as this document number will never change. Map this BELNR in BW data target (to an info object for eg ZDOCN)

Now create attributes for ZDOCN as clearing status, date, clearing document number etc. You can update using the a new source so that update is received for the regularly.

Regards

Gajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Gajesh,

I think your first option seems workable, but the second one i doubt because whether document number can be treated as a masterdata. And also that we are actually not reporting based on the BELNR but on VBELN from the VDITM datasource. So is it better to use your first option...but there also few challenges are there...

Lets say i will create a separate data source for loading the cleared documents(based on BELNR), status & clearing date. But along with these it should also get the related materials, plants, sales Org, Storage locations, etc. Because the original report is based on the materials & plants. Then after getting these details thru a diff datasource should I merge these in the DSO/Cube or directly in the query?

Because originally this is a sales report based on the billing docs(VBELN from VDITM datasource) where i need to should show export sales also(but of course only the cleared ones)

What do u suggest?

BR,

Shreesh.

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Shreesh,

You should get the both data source loading to one DSO. Make sure that the Key fields that you keep in the DSO should be available in both the source.  for eg billing document, company code and make sure that the rest of them are in the data field.

From 2lis_13_VDITM you shouldn't map to the clearing doc, date and status and this mapping should only from the new data source.

This will make sure that you will get the entire report in one line.

Regards

Gajesh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus, any ideas?

In short I need to get all the cleared documents for all the billing docs will comes in thru 2LIS_13_VDITM datasource.

Should I enhance the above datasource or will I have to get the cleared docs thru a different source/ or parallelly from R/3 and do a sort of lookup in BW like that ?

BR,

Shreesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shreesh,

Enhancing the datasource or look up approach will not be full fledge solution as any change in clearing date will not trigger delta in 2LIS_13_VDITM.

Kindly check below WIKI document for solution:

How-to enhance LO-Cockpit DataSources with delta-relevant fields - SAP NetWeaver Business Warehouse ...