cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OIF with multiple GUIBBs- Save data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have come up with a requirement which is very common I am sure but I juts need some help.

My requirement is -  I will have a OIF screen and inside that I will have a tabbed UIBB or lets say multiple GUIBBS. IN each GUIBB there are a set of fields. The user will open the application and fill out those fields and will be able to save them.

Now, while saving those values will go into different tables so wherever I write the logic for save I will need the data entered in all the GUIBBs.

Lets say I use same feeder for all the GUIBBs. Then how is it going to be possible to get all the data for all the UIBBs..

Many thanks in advance.

Saikat

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

vivek_priyadarshi2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Saikat,

Like Katrice suggested you could write code in process_event interface method of respective webdynpro component/ feeder classest and it will work just fine.

However, in my experience OIF tend to get very complicated very fast, I would highly recommend implementing an AppCC ( Application specific configuration controller).  AppCC interface will provide you with the method OVERRIDE_EVENT_OIF where you can implement code for event FPM_SAVE at one central place ( unlike in the previous approach where you implement SAVE for each GUIBB/ Web dynpro ). (AppCC how to ).

In order to get values from all your GUIBBs/Webdypros at one central place you will use a singleton class.

I feel this way you  have better control over the entire application and in a way you have created a Data model (singleton class) and Controller (AppCC).

Regards,

Vivek

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks very much,Katrice and Vivek. I was able to do it.

Regards,

Saikat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saikat,

Good to hear that you can able to resolve your issue. Pls close the thread as answered.

Thanks

KH

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saikat,

On click of SAVE button, write code in process event of repective webdynpro component under its event where you need to read all field values and need to save values in respective tables as per your requirement.

Thanks

KH