HU transfer from plant to plant
I'm struggling with one process.
Following situation: there is one plant 001 with separate EWM system X and another plant 002 with another EWM system Y. There is also one ERP system for both plants.
I'd like to transport one HU with some material from one plant to another, but have some understanding problems....
1. It is possible to perform this HU transfer only between 2 EWM Systems? Or ERP is always needed (well for stock booking off course)?
When ERP is needed:
2. When I do this HU transfer from one EWM (X) to other EWM (Y). Has this process to be started in ERP? Or? When yes...
So I start a stock transfer in ERP and as a result one outbound-delyvery in EWM (X) will be created...this delivery contains some data (like material, amount etc. ) and now the question:
- will an inbound.delivery in EWM (Y) also be created?
- if this inbound delivery will be automatically created, will this inbound-delivery also contain the data (material, amount etc.) from the ountbound-delivery?
3. Is it usual that one company runs more than one EWM-Systems? I mean is it much more easier to have one EWM system which contains more than one physicall storage?
PS. sorry for may ask "stupid" questions.
Sandip Shambharkar replied
First of all your questions are not stupid questions..
This is really good scenario in which there may be multiple situations related to handling units. For e.g. if you are generating HU in one plant and then another plant is also belong to same company then why to print new HU, they can use the same HU and save lot of handling time. anyways client can go for the new HU also.
This is standard stock transfer order scenarios using EWM and you can use output type SPED to automate the process.
please refer the below SAP notes which will answer all possible questions related to your STO process between two plants.
SAP Notes - 965176, 1119073, 157907
Let me know in case of more questions on this process.