Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HU transfer from plant to plant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear EWM-Experts,

I'm struggling with one process.

Following situation: there is one plant 001 with separate EWM system X and another plant 002 with another EWM system Y. There is also one ERP system for both plants.

I'd like to transport one HU with some material from one plant to another, but have some understanding problems....

1. It is possible to perform this HU transfer only between 2 EWM Systems? Or ERP is always needed (well for stock booking off course)?

When ERP is needed:

2. When I do this HU transfer from one EWM (X) to other EWM (Y). Has this process to be started in ERP? Or? When yes...

So I start a stock transfer in ERP and as a result one outbound-delyvery in EWM (X) will be created...this delivery contains some data (like material, amount etc. ) and now the question:

- will an inbound.delivery in EWM (Y)  also be created?

- if this inbound delivery will be automatically created, will this inbound-delivery also contain the data (material, amount etc.) from the ountbound-delivery?

3. Is it usual that one company runs more than one EWM-Systems? I mean is it much more easier to have one EWM system which contains more than one physicall storage?

PS. sorry for may ask "stupid" questions.

Best regards

Denis

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Sandip_S
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Denis,

First of all your questions are not stupid questions..

This is really good scenario in which there may be multiple situations related to handling units. For e.g. if you are generating HU in one plant and then another plant is also belong to same company then why to print new HU, they can use the same HU and save lot of handling time. anyways client can go for the new HU also.

This is standard stock transfer order scenarios using EWM and you can use output type SPED to automate the process.

please refer the below SAP notes which will answer all possible questions related to your STO process between two plants.

SAP Notes - 965176, 1119073, 157907

Let me know in case of more questions on this process.

Kind regards,

Sandip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shambharkar,

first of all thank you very much for your help, the notes you've mentioned are really helpfull for me!

But I have some addinitonal questions:

When I do use an Unique Identification of Handling Units in ERP, which means that I will have an unique number for each HU in ERP. I also would like to use Unique Identification of Handling Units in EWM.

Question 1: when I do delivery, how the mapping between numbers for the same HU in both systems will be performed? Is there always 1:1 relationships? Will the HU "1" from EWM be always the same HU number in ERP, or the assignment can also be changed?

Question 2: When I use the system landscape with one ERP system and 2 EWM systems, can I also use the Unique Identification of Handling Units in all of them without havin any additional problems?

Best regards and thank you once again for the help

Denis

Sandip_S
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Denis,

This you can achieve by maintaining internal HU number range from Plant A as a external HU number range for plant B and vice versa.

Thanks,

sandip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandip,

thanks once again.

Does it mean that I have to create this number rage for both plants only in ERP or do I have to do this also in each EWM system?

BR

Denis

Sandip_S
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Denis,

There is a help document available for setting up the HU number ranges in ECC and EWM but I m not able to paste the same. Please check.

Specific external and internal number ranges are required in ECC only. in EWM u need to define internal number ranges only, EWM system can accept any external HU number as far as it is not overlapping the internal NR.

Thanks,

Sandip

Answers (0)