Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to Default the Contractual User Type in Licence tab in SU01.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Is there any way to Default the Contractual User Type in Licence tab while creating users in SU01 to a specific value. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Naveen

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Naveen,

If you do nto assign any license type to users, system will not show it in user master btu will take default user type set for your price list while calculating license data through USMM.

So, if you have many users with same license type needs to be assigned, just assign them to any user categoru through USMM -> Mass Maintainence.

9 REPLIES 9

Former Member
0 Kudos

By creating a variant we can default the Contractual User Type in Licence tab in SU01.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Naveen,

If you do nto assign any license type to users, system will not show it in user master btu will take default user type set for your price list while calculating license data through USMM.

So, if you have many users with same license type needs to be assigned, just assign them to any user categoru through USMM -> Mass Maintainence.

0 Kudos

Amol,

Basis guys dosent want to give USMM access to our Security group and wanted us to put the licence info everytime we create a user, that was the major issue here. Anyways thanks for your suggestion.

Regards,

Naveen

0 Kudos

Naveen, though you marked the question as answered, there is another alternative (needs change mgmt involved)-

1.Go to the field where you want the parameter ID to appear.

2.Go to the technical help for the field. In this case the Contractual User Type field.

3.Double click on the Screen data screen number (0112).

4.Click on the Element list tab and look for the screen field (from previous page). It is important that you find the entry with a type of I/0 not Text (US930-USERTYP).

5.When you find the entry click the special attributes tab. There are two columns on the right hand side ‘GET Parameter’ and Parameter. The GET column needs to be selected for the parameter ID to be active.

6.Note if you change a field it is important to activate the change in addition to saving or the change will not take effect.

7.Probably you would like to make this change in the development system and move transport to other systems.

After this you have to set this parameter in your user master to the required value.

0 Kudos

Amol,

Thanks for your reply, but can you explain it in more detail like in which transaction I should go to the parameter ID and technical help. I am really sorry if it is a silly question.

Thanks

0 Kudos

Place the cursor in Contractual User Type drop down and press F1.

From there follow instructions as above.

0 Kudos

Place the cursor in Contractual User Type drop down and press F1.

From there <b>follow instructions as above</b>.

0 Kudos

Excellant Amol,

Thank you very much, I am not implementing it anyways but knowing some thing new is always good and I am awarding you the points. Thanks again....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Answered