cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ITS 6.10 services / templates in a ITS 6.20 install

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I just installed ITS version 6.20 and I would like to use the service files, templates and mime files from a current ITS 6.10 installation. Both ITS instances are using the same SAP system

I copied all files from the directories in the IIS folders and ITS folders from the old installation to the new one.

If I call a service on the new ITS, for some reason it does not use the service file but always shows the logon screen.

Is there something that I'm missing or are there incompatibilities between 6.10 and 6.20?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member316351
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Hans,

Generally copying the older templates, service, and mime files from 6.10 to 6.20 ITS will work. The exceptions are the webgui and system directories, these should remain the same as the ITS version being used.

Do you not expect to see a logon page? If not then you are probably expecting that SSO works, but that needs to be configured if you want to skip the logon page and depends on what method of SSO you use.

Edgar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Edgar,

We are not using SSO. But what makes me wonder if something is wrong is the fact that my old ITS instance (6.10) work fine.

The logon to the SAP system is done through the service file associated with the

activity.

in 6.20 I'm always presented with a logon screen and after entering user and password I'm seeing the transaction in SAP and not the template (html) that I see when I use 6.10.

Do you know if the service files (.srvc) are treated differently than in 6.10?

Or do I have to change some configuration file after I copied the files from 6.10 to 6.20.

Thanks,

hans.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Hans

there is no difference between 6.10 and 6.20 in terms of service files.

This is either a caching issue (restart instance) or a setup issue (maybe you are using an ITS Instance on another port?).

best regards

Gerd