cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MRP controller to include Purchasing group

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have browsed through numerous blogs,forums and SAP notes. Non of them gives correct reason and steps to include purchasing group in MRP controller config. I am looking for below 2 answers.

1) Why T024D include EKGRP but not available in MRP controller definition configuration. What needs to be done in order to get Purchasing group details to be included in MRP controller configuration.

2)If T024D includes EKGRP, then there is a link between MRP controller and Purchasing group , but as such there is no relation ship between the two from a process perspective as they are two separate elements. Then why EKGRP is in T024D?

Regards,

Kishan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In my system the purchasing group is commented in the flow logic,

probably in your system too.

just execute SE51

enter SAPL0PP3 and screen 0061

Thats the reason why you can't see it on the screen.

It can either be something left from old releases like R/2 or something special for a industry solution that you haven't purchased.

If I search for OSS note using the field name T024D-EKGRP then I get a couple notes for IS-R and talking about store orders.

Reading some text makes me think that the purchasing group from customizing is taken when the purchasing group is not entered in material master.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply Jurgen.Yes it is commented on my system as well. Problem is all MRp controllers have been created by copy and by default Purchase group "001" gets updated to all MRP controllers.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is your system an old system? This maintenance view was last changed in 2005 by SAP.

I see the same "issue" in my IDES system.

I think T024D-EKGRP would not really have any effect if you have a purchasing group in your material master.

If it does have an effect in your environment, then I suggest to open an incident at SAP Support desk.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jurgen. We are in ECC 6.0 (EHP7) .As far as impact is concerned i don't see this at present . Only issue is the data cleansing and unnecessary entry sitting in the table.

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't think this will harm any other activity. Jurgen Sir has already said the purpose of the field.

As per my observation. The default purchase group (001) has already assigned with the default plant (0001) by SAP standard. If you will create a new plant (or even new MRP control) (from plant parameter OPPQ) by coping the existing, then purchase group will be assigned to this new plant in this table. There are no additional way to assign the MRP control to the purchase group.

I have created manually the MRP control for a plant and I can't see the purchase group. Even my organization hasn't any value of purchase group as 001, but it is still assigned for all plant in this table T024D. We haven't faced any problem yet.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Great.. It will reemphasize the understanding of no impact.  I believe SAP should  do away with this field from T024D table.

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

May be. You may can get correct statement if you will contact SAP directly.