cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quality inspection with Handling Unit link to WM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My following question deal with MM/WM/QM with Handling Unit, not sure this is the right forum to post, let me try my luck.

Can anyone tell me the process flow for a goods receipt with inbound delivery under Handling Unit packing into a WM-managed storage location? May I know if the following process is correct and standard SAP?

1 - PO creation
2 - inbound delivery creation.
3 – Packing operation and following objects generated...

• handling unit object created,
  • inspection lot created linked to the PO, delivery,
    and handling unit 

4 – Put-away TO creation and TO confirmation

5 – Goods receipt posting

6 – Result recording

7 – Usage decision

8 – Posting Changes

Or may I know if the inspection process should take places first before the WM operation come into the picture?

Regards
Tuff

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The process flow you mentioned is perfectly fine in certain organization it depend on the business how the business want to use the steps....(e.g. some organization want to do quality check before doing the final putaway  into the rack so that if they have to return back the stock to vendor they can directly send it back from the door or to the designated area for scrapping)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

One quick question.

I am wondering if I am going to use a full blown handling unit process (i.e. storage location is being setup as HU and another partner storage location go along with it), does it means the inbound delivery process MUST take place?

Can I have Handling Unit management without the use of Inbound delivery (i.e. skipping VL31N straight to MIGO-GR)?

Thanks.

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

with my implementation experience of Handling unit, Inbound delivery is mandatory  as all the packing related activity of HU takes place in Inbound delivery only however I suggest have a look on the below mentioned SAP standard link also which describe the process Goods receipt without inbound delivery

Goods Receipt Handling without Reference to Inbound Deliveries - Handling Unit Management (LO-HU) - ...

Former Member
0 Kudos

In order to implement HUat the time of goods receipt. We need to create inbound delivery so that packing can be done along with the HU.

We need to activate packing at item category of inbound delivery and at document type level of inbound delivery.

Without inbound delivery, HU can not be implemented.

Answers (0)