cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fixed Assets upload?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I wonder if we could upload Fixed Assets to SAP Business ByDesign via any kind of template?

As my company is doing contract and project accounting, I cannot utilize the Fixed Asset automatic posting function from a PO after goods receipt non the manual purchase invoice without PO (as according to SAP manual, if we "specify the Project Task account assignment type, no Fixed asset or corresponding individual material is created")

Any other suggested alternative way to create Fixed Asset?

Your responses are highly appreciated, thanks a lot, mates!~

WR,

Kin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

HarshalVakil
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Kin,

Alternatively, you could use the migration of fixed asset to create the fixed asset via upload.

Can you check this aspect?

Let me know if you need more clarifications.

Regards,

Harshal Vakil

former_member200567
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Harshal,

Same issue here. I want to use "Migration of Fixed Assets".

But I cannot find it in Integrate and Extend of Fine Tuning Activity.

What should I do to be able to use that feature?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Fred

0 Kudos

Hi Fred,

the migration of Fixed Assets is part of the activity "Migration of Accounting transactional data".

Regards

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Harshal!~

However, I would like to use the upload function regularly to upload Fixed Assets every month instead of one-off migration which is in the implementation stage....

Is this the only choice so far in SAP ByDesign?

Thanks!~

WR,

Kin

HarshalVakil
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Kin,

Not an ideal approach to use the migration functionality to upload the fixed assets in the system. but this is the only way you could upload the fixed asset to the Bydesign system.

Also Could you check :

1) Help center document : Posting Assets Under Construction

2) SCN thread :

If that suits your requirement.

Mark this thread as answered, If this answers your concerns.

Let me know if you need further help/clarifications.

Regards,

Harshal Vakil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Harshal,

One more concern from my end: if I used migration template to upload new fixed assets, would it replace my existing record? the new uploaded fixed assets data are added on top of the posted data?

But for the SAME fixed asset items, if I wanted to update/change the existing data, could I also use migration template to do the revision?

Cheers,

Kin

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Migratoin of Fixed Assets is only adding new records (plus triggering postings in Migration reconciliation accounts), but is not replacing or changing existing assets.

Regards

Michael